Ctrl-drag to copy - hurrah

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

justposted
User

Ctrl-drag to copy - hurrah

Post by justposted »

Great to see that holding down ctrl whilst dragging now duplicates comments. Hurrah to that.

Now if only I could hold down shift to constrain it to an axis, I'd be a very happy user. But there's always 'just one more thing' that we ask for, eh?

Thanks Tracker!
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Ctrl-drag to copy - hurrah

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello justposted,

Thanks for the post! For most annotations, holding Shift will constrain the ratio. And for lines, holding Shift will constrain it to preset angles.

Is this what you are looking for?

HTH!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
justposted
User

Post by justposted »

Hello and thanks for the response. I didn't see it, so have been a bit slow to get back to you I'm afraid.

What I'm looking for is to hold shift when I am dragging a comment, to constrain that comment to the horizontal or vertical axis. Same behaviour as Word, to give one example.

That way I can, say, create a second text box that is nicely aligned with the first one by ctrl-shift-dragging the first box to create the second. Makes laying out a page somewhat quicker than having to independently Select and Align things a lot.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello justposted,

Thank you for the post. Such a feature does not exist, though you may be interested in the "Duplicate Annotation" feature fund under the object menu in the Editor.

Please see the link below for more information:

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowled ... nnotations

HTH!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
Dartanyanosamentos
User

Post by Dartanyanosamentos »

The missing feature for Ctrl+drag to copy with constrain possibility (like ortho) to vertical or horizontal axis is a huge minus for such a software, for my daily work I need to make a lot of copies of annotations, rectanges..etc with precise horizontal / vertical copies and because of this missing feature it is painful really.

Even for the normal "Move" dragging we should have this constraint feature. Only the rotation snap feature for annotations does not fill any gap.
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

+1 for this feature request

What I do for a workaround is I copy and paste the item in place, and then move it with (shift) arrow...
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi All,

Thank you for the renewed interest, We have discussed having snapping like this, but it is surprisingly more complex than it sounds, and once we begin one aspect of it, there are numerous others which are just "expected to work", meaning that we will not be able to offer this until we have a complete feature set to offer with it.

This will be a long term item, but it is something that we have considered and will likely be bringing at some point in the future.

Until then, I Hope that David's workaround here can help others.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com