Page layout in fullscreen mode

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Knallfrosch
User

Page layout in fullscreen mode

Post by Knallfrosch »

Hi,

I just tried your proposed solution with shortcuts to use multiple page page layout in fullscreen mode- works fine, thank you.

Still from workflow-perspective it is far from economical to be switched to 1-page-view every time you use fullscreen mode.
I think the most common procedure is:

1 User opens a document (mostly for reading?) in your preferred page layout. For reading, most people will use "2 pages" and "cover page extra", I suspect.
2 User notices larger view is better readable -> switch to fullscreen mode.
3 User has to switch to 2-page-layout
4 User has to switch to cover page extra to keep .

It's annoying to have to repeat step 3 and 4 every time switching to fullscreen... Wouldn`t it be more logical to keep the selected page layout when going full-screen. Or at least offer a setting to do so in the fullscreen-preferences?

I'm extremely hopefull to find this in a future release (and thanks so far for your great work up to now on this software)

Greetings from Vienna - Austria:)
Bailey-Tracker Supp
User

Re: Page layout in fullscreen mode

Post by Bailey-Tracker Supp »

Hello Knallfrosch,

Thanks for the post! We are discussing this possible future request with the Dev Team now. I am afraid we can not make any promises at this time, but will seriously consider the suggestion.

Cheers!
Bailey-Tracker Supp
User

Post by Bailey-Tracker Supp »

Hello Knallfrosch,

I have created a internal development ticket regarding this matter. Please reference RT-2897 (FR:Keep selected page layout when going to full screen) when requesting a update on the ticket.

* Please note: We can not promise that this will be implemented, but your request will be seriously taken into consideration.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!
banconi
User

Post by banconi »

Hi, since I am new with editor, I see that unlike the viewer, when I switch to two-pages view in FS, once I exit full-screen mode, page layout goes back to single?

I mean, really??
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello banconi,

Yes - the page layout in Full screen is independent from the one in normal view mode, so this is expected.

Regards,
Stefan