Zooming with just Mouse Wheel + Right mouse button

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Special
User

Zooming with just Mouse Wheel + Right mouse button

Post by Special »

1 Year anniversary! https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/ ... =7&t=20661
Special wrote:First let me say I was a SumatraPDF for years and swore by it, but now after trying PDF-XChange Viewer out I'm sticking with this amazing PDF reader, seriously it's very very good. I made this account just for this one request because it's lacking something really important to me that others PDF readers as well as SumatraPDF has and it missing is such a giant pain for me and I just can't ignore.

Currently the only ways to zoom a PDF as far as I know is to select the Zoom Tool (yuck) or Ctrl + Mouse Wheel, what I'm requesting is to add a one handed way of zooming in and out with just the mouse, similar to the Ctrl + Mouse Wheel way but obviously without the Ctrl part. Other similar programs use the Right Mouse Button + Wheel to achieve this function.

Please consider this in a future update, I don't believe this would clash with any already set key-binds and should be a simple implementation that adds a huge quality of life feature.
Still crossing my fingers. But am a little worried now. :(
Bailey-Tracker Supp
User

Re: Zooming with just Mouse Wheel + Right mouse button

Post by Bailey-Tracker Supp »

Hello Special,

Thanks for the post. I am afraid there has been no update regarding this request. Our main focus right now is migrating missing features from the Viewer to the Editor. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers!
cadgfx
User

Post by cadgfx »

i'm wanting this feature too. CAD people are used to using viewers with the zoom for the wheel mouse.
having that option in the editor would make it much more intuitive for viewing, zooming in large documents like drawings.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi cadgfx,

Thanks for the post - I'll add your voice to the suggestion, but please note that implementation of the feature was never guaranteed and, current we've only seen two requests for the feature. The Dev. Team may feel that the work involved may not be justified by the current demand. Ultimately, the decision rests with them and our CEO.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Special
User

Post by Special »

Has the demand increased much since? If not add mine to it again, that's a 50% increase!
yogi108
User

Post by yogi108 »

One handed zooming would be really cool!
I´m supporting the request ....

Thank you,
"You cannot know the meaning of your life until you are connected to the power that created you.”
Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi, founder of Sahaja Yoga
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi guys,

As far as I'm aware, these are the only requests for this that I've seen. However, upon reviewing this, I do personally see the value in it and so I'll put this to the Dev. Team to see if it can be easily be added.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Special
User

Post by Special »

Wow I feel so bad for missing the anniversary to this, but better late then never.

So, has there been any update to this?

Again, please check SumatraPDF to get an idea of how it's done, I feel the Hand Tool should have this feature because it is for navigation, panning and just for general viewing purposes, I'd also like this in (F11) Fullscreen Mode too, since again, it's a viewing mode, and you aren't doing any editing in Fullscreen Mode, so there is not much point to having that context menu pop up with things like copy/cut/paste/Add Image..../Properties/ etc. in that mode, in fact things like changing the cursor Tool, and "properties" don't do anything in that mode....
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Special,

Nothing yet on this front I am afraid! :(
We offer Ctrl + Mouse sheel for the zoom in/out, so it does not seem like Right mouse click + wheel is in high demand, so I still can't make any promises as to if or when it might be implemented.

Regards,
Stefan
Special
User

Post by Special »

Can you like, yell at someone to do it. Maybe like.

HEY INTERN ADD THIS QUICK AND EASY ZOOM FEATURE FOR THIS GUY OR YOUR NOT GETTING ANY PIZZA!
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello Special,

Thank you for your post. Our products and features are developed by popular demand. As such, development allocation is determined by priority. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I too see the benefit of such a feature. Additionally, it should be pretty easy to implement without conflicts.

As a result, I have created a formal development ticket for this feature request and added myself as an additional requester. Regretfully, we have no interns available to push this through right now, but I sure could go for some pizza! ;)

I hope to see this feature added for you folks as you have been requesting now for a couple years - it's time we listened.

All the best,
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello All,

After some deliberation, this feature request has been officially rejected by our project management team due to fundamental conflicts.

This topic has now been closed. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America