Problem with page resize

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

kai_jh
User

Problem with page resize

Post by kai_jh »

I am experiencing a problem with the page resizing feature. Please see the sample PDF attached.
Instructions:
1. I choose Document | Resize Pages... from the menu
2. I want to resize the file to only see the left (Page 1). Thus I choose A4 Portrait. I figured out that I would here have to set Placement to Horizontal Offset 0 from Left, but I first forgot this and just left the standard setting 0 Center, thus please leave this as well.
3. Press OK

Now everything looks like the way I wanted it, I have the left side of the landscape page now as portrait. I save the document and everything is fine as well. If I reopen it with PDF XChange Editor though, I see that the real document was shifted and is not in place any more.

If I choose Horizontal Offset 0 from Left the problem is solved - I still believe though that it is not good to see wrong content that changes after re-opening the file.
Attachments
BugDemo .zip
Demo file to post "Problem with page resize"
(2.54 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Problem with page resize

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello kai_jh,

Thank you for the post. I have reproduced this issue and created an internal development ticket to help track the status of the issue. Please reference RT#2878 when requesting an update to the ticket.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America