Renaming pages

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

ajpru
User

Renaming pages

Post by ajpru »

I would like to rename my pages so they show up differently in the pages thumbnails. Example rename Page 1 to Cover Sheet, etc... Is there a way to do this?
Thanks
Bailey-Tracker Supp
User

Re: Renaming pages

Post by Bailey-Tracker Supp »

Hi Ajpru,

Thanks for the post. What you are asking about is called a page label. Page numbers cannot be changed, they represent the order in which pages appear in the document. Page labels however, can be shown in thumbnails. If you choose the preference, use logical numbers. Edit-->preferences-->page display-->use logical page numbers.

We are adding a feature to the Editor, a few builds from now (expected Build 313) to be able to customize and change the page labels. When this is available, you will be able to do what you want. Until then, i am afraid your only option will be to use the page labels already on the document.

Hope that helps!
Robert13
User

Post by Robert13 »

Any update when it will be possible to change / customize page labels in the thumbnails view?
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the post - this is already possible in the latest release, and can be done by right clicking the pages in the Thumbnails Pane and selecting the Number Pages feature.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Robert13
User

Post by Robert13 »

Let me explain a bit more. The file I'm using has drawing numbers as follows (condensed version). Architects and engineers have their own system of numbering. The numbers will not necessarily be consecutive or all inclusive.
A1.01, A1.02, A1.03, A1.11, A2.01, A2.02, A2.04, S1.01, S1.02, S2.05, S2.05A.

What I want to be able to do is re-label each thumbnail as required. If this is now possible I do not see how to do it.
There may not be enough interest by other users to make this an option, if it is even possible to implement.

As always Thanks for the quick replies.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Robert,

Again, renaming the page labels is possible via the feature that I mentioned previously. If you do not see it, then please make sure that you are using the latest release:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXVE5.zip

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com