Saving PDF from IE > The file disappears

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

goldenmidas
User

Saving PDF from IE > The file disappears

Post by goldenmidas »

Hi! We are having some trouble saving files that opened inside Internet Explorer 9 browser window like this:

I can save the file, everything looks good:

But the file just doesn't appear on my desktop, or any folder that I'm trying to save it to:

However, if I try to save something from PDF XChange, during save dialog, the files are there!

From that diaglog, I can right click the file and see that I can't view it's permissions.

How to fix this?

This is an administrator account, PDF-XChange Editor is Version 3.0 (Build 307.2) (we are still using PDF XChange Pro 5.0). This same behaviour happens on multiple PCs in our environment. I tried to un-check and check default pdf program / view in browser settings, but these didn't help. If I print the file again from IE's PDF Xchange, the printed pdf does work great, but I'm trying to get this save functionality to work! Thanks in advance!
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Saving PDF from IE > The file disappears

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi goldenmidas,

Thanks for the post - I suspect that this is because you have IE's Protected Mode on, under Tools --> Internet Options --> Security. When Protected Mode is turned on, Internet Explorer sets up a virtual directory and saves everything there, so while it may look like you are saving the desktop, or My Documents, etc., you are actually saving to a virtual location. Please try turning Protected Mode off and you should then see that documents save as expected.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com