Find Function doesn't work in Firefox

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Bob Coleman
User

Find Function doesn't work in Firefox

Post by Bob Coleman »

I don't know if this is a new problem with Build 311 and/or Firefox 33.0.3 or if it is just the first time I've noticed it.

When viewing a PDF in Firefox with the Editor, Ctrl-F (Find) doesn't work. It produces the search field at the bottom of the window that would be used if the native Firefox preview were being used and nothing can be found vie that field because the native preview is not being used. This seems to be consistent behavior with my normally used combination of Firefox extensions and options.

I have to admit that the same thing doesn't happen if Firefox is started with a new profile, but Ctrl-F doesn't work reliably either. Occasionally, it does produce the Editor Find field. More often it does nothing.

I don't know if this is a problem in Internet Explorer (which I seldom use) because I can't figure out how to even get the Editor to be used by IE.

I can avoid the problem by using the Viewer in Firefox. Doing that, I get the well behaved Find field of the Viewer which, of course, reminds me that I wish Find in the Editor worked the same way it does in the viewer independent of this problem.
Peter2
User

Re: Find Function doesn't work in Firefox

Post by Peter2 »

Maybe you have created a picture instead of a text:

https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/ ... 39&t=22524

Peter
PDF-X-Change Pro German
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Find Function doesn't work in Firefox

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the post - I've reproduced the problem and it appear to be a bug. I've created an internal Development ticket to track the progress of the issue (RT-2795). We appreciate your patience and understanding!

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com