Shutdown TrackerUpdate Automatically with Editor Closes

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

fghj
User

Shutdown TrackerUpdate Automatically with Editor Closes

Post by fghj »

I understand the good intentions of starting Tracker Updater with Editor starts, but can it shut it down automatically after no update is found and/or when Editor shuts down itself?

I like to keep my tray icons clean so. thx.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Shutdown TrackerUpdate Automatically with Editor Closes

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

I am pleased to report we are looking at providing some options such as having the Updater start only when the product is launched and closing after a set period of time etc ..

We hope to provide these in build 312 if all goes well.

thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
fghj
User

Post by fghj »

Is it? Thx.

BTW, as PDFX Pro user, the update mechanism never prompt to download PDFX Pro but like, Editor independantly, PDF Tools independently. Leading to confusing and multiple entries in uninstaller record.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi fghj,

it did not make it into 312.1 I'm afraid. It has a Feature Request ticket : RT#2915: Feature Request : Shutdown TrackerUpdate Automatically with Editor Closes

The Pro Bundle is a bundle of independent products, thi sis simply how the updater works. We will continue to work on the usability of the Updater but I think it will remain as individual updates. That way users can choose which products they want updates. Simply select them all to update all.

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Serg - Tracker Dev
User

Post by Serg - Tracker Dev »

This feature should work in 312.
Now TrackerUpdate should automatically close after no update (after several minutes)