Copy Link To All Pages

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

snowgreg
User

Copy Link To All Pages

Post by snowgreg »

We are trying to create a link, basically a "Home" type button to bring a reader back to the first page of a 100 page PDF. I see how to create a link to do this and I see how I can manually copy and paste this link to every page manually but I was hoping for an easier way to get this link on every page of the document.

Apparently Acrobat has a tool to automate inserting a link into every page of the PDF, is there a way to do this in XChange Editor (v5.5)?

Thanks,
Greg Snow
BETA Group, Inc.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Copy Link To All Pages

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the post - you should be able to do this with the Object --> Duplicate Annotations option of the Editor.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
snowgreg
User

Post by snowgreg »

Will - Tracker Supp wrote:Hi Greg,

Thanks for the post - you should be able to do this with the Object --> Duplicate Annotations option of the Editor.

Cheers,
Cool, that does work. Is there a way to add text to a link?

Thanks,
Greg
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Greg,

Great, glad that worked!

Links in PDF's don't really work the same way as they do in, say Word documents. The link 'box' would need to be placed over the top of the text to make [i[appear[/b] to be attached to the text itself, as links cannot really be embedded in text that way in a PDF. I would recommend using the typewriter or textbox tools to place the text, then place the link on top of that (or right click and select Order --> Bring To Font).

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com