ctrl + drag selection window

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

andrew rees
User

Post by andrew rees »

Hi, I had a quick search through the forums and I don't see any posts so maybe I'm just not aware of how to do this but what I'm trying to do is select multiple comments in different parts of a PDF by using multiple selection windows. The expected behavior would be to hold ctrl + drag a second window but starting a selection window will always de-select any previously selected mark-ups. This seems like it should be implemented since I can hold ctrl and click multiple comments individually and it works just fine.

If I'm missing something please let me know, otherwise please consider this for a future version of the Editor.

Thanks
Andrew
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: ctrl + drag selection window

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Andrew,

thanks for the post. You are correct that after selecting with a bounding box, even using CTRL any new bounding box will deselect the first. You can add to the selection one element at a time after your initial bounding box by using CTRL+Click.

I agree that using multiple bounding boxes for selection would be an added bonus so I have created a Feature Request ticket: RT#2722: Feature Request: Editor select annots using CTRL+multiple bounding boxes (ctrl + drag selection window)

No promises on if/when this may eventuate at this point however.

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Jensen Head
User

Post by Jensen Head »

Seems like this functionality hasn't been implemented yet? At least, after selecting some of the elements using the frame, it is impossible to select new objects with a frame with the ctrl button pressed - the second frame is not displayed, new elements are not selected.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Jensen Head

You are correct that this has not yet been implemented, but I am going to bump the ticket now so that it can be looked at again.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
PHK
User

Post by PHK »

Don't forget that in Win 10 (and probably 11), the user can elect to have the clipboard store multiple entries. [Ctrl]-C each as you go along and then, with [Win-key]-V, you can pull up each and paste it by hitting the return key in the sequence order you like. I know that is not exactly what you want, but it might be a useful work-around.
All best,

FringePhil
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

:)
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com