Can't scan legal size (8.5 in X 14.0 in) sheet

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

robert walter
User

Can't scan legal size (8.5 in X 14.0 in) sheet

Post by robert walter »

I can't seem to be able to create a PDF scan of a legal size (8.5 in X 14.0 in) sheet. The max sheet size that I can get under the Setup tab to define a custom sheet size is 11.89 in. Is this a function of my printer or a limitation of the program? I'm scanning the sheet from the sheet feeder of an HP Officejet 4500.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Can't scan legal size (8.5 in X 14.0 in) sheet

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello Robert,

Thank you for the post. Could you please try using native UI under the scanner preferences from within the Editor? This will override the Editor's UI and replace it with that of the scanner. This way you should see all the options available to you with your hardware.

**Edit**
You could also try to scan using Microsoft Paint. Paint uses the same WIA for scanning. This is a good test to see if there are any inconsistencies.

I hope this helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
robert walter
User

Post by robert walter »

Patrick,

I pulled up the Scan Properties Dialog Box and checked the box labeled "Show Native UI". When I did this, the Data Transfer Method, Color Mode, Resolution, Paper Size and Source boxes all went blank and I am not able to modify any of them, which means I can't specify the paper size. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bob
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello Robert,

Thank you. Please choose setup next to page size.

If that does not work, please restart the Editor and try scanning again and choosing setup.

I hope that helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America