Editor within Google Chrome

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

ksudavid
User

Editor within Google Chrome

Post by ksudavid »

In Google Chrome I keep getting a request to allow the Editor for each new site I visit. How can I set the permissions so every site opens PDF's within Editor without asking me. The only option I've found is Always Allow for this Site but not one to allow for every site.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Editor within Google Chrome

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hi David,

Thank you for the post. If you are trying to open the PDFs from the browser, to the stand alone Editor, there is no way to remove the UAC prompt.

If it is for the browser plugin, go to chrome://plugins, then make sure all PDF plugins are disabled and the Editor plug in is set to Always allowed. See screenshot.

I hope this helps!
Attachments
chrome.plugins.zip
(89.63 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
ksudavid
User

Post by ksudavid »

The "always allowed" box is what I was looking for. Thanks :)
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

:)
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I am using the Vivaldi browser, which is based on Google Chrome (Blink rendering engine).

Since Chrome 47 was released the PDF-XChange plugins stopped working. A Vivaldi developer told me:
Chromium has stopped support of NPAPI-Plugins, and as I know PDF-XCahnge has only NPAPI-Plugins (Plugins for Netscape/Firefox).

Current Vivaldi (with Chromium 47) does not support the type of NPAPI plugins anymore.
So, is there any way around this problem? Would Tracker need to develop new plugins to work with Chrome browsers?
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello Bhikkhu Pesala,

The plug ins would have to be completely rewritten to function directly in Chrome, and for now there are no plans to do that.

We are working on a chrome plug-in that will cause the stand alone Editor to launch, however that is still some time away.

Cheers!
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America