License conflict with Viewer

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

BobM
User

License conflict with Viewer

Post by BobM »

On installation of the latest PDF Xchange Editor (5.5.309.0), I was presented with a warning about the change in serial number registration.
I already have a licensed copy of PDF Xchange Viewer, Version 2.5 (Build 212.0) on this PC, for which the maintenance agreement has expired.
I wish to keep the Viewer as is (ie not upgrade), and install the Editor in evaluation mode.
Will proceeding with the the Editor installation cause the Viewer to revert to evaluation mode?
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: License conflict with Viewer

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the post - it certainly shouldn't. While the Editor is the replacement for the Viewer, the two are entirely different applications that are installed, uninstalled and updated separately. You should be fine to install the latest build of the Editor and ignore the warning.

HTH!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
BobM
User

Post by BobM »

Thanks - that appears to have been successful.

Bob
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Awesome, glad that did the trick! :D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com