Toolbar icons and text

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

power1
User

Toolbar icons and text

Post by power1 »

Hello, Is there a way to only show the toolbar icons with no text beside them? Thanks.
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Re: Toolbar icons and text

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Drag the bottom of the Toolbar up to reduce it to a single row, or resize the Window to reduce the width.

The text will show if there's enough space for it, otherwise it won't.

Compact Interface
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
power1
User

Post by power1 »

Thanks. I was looking for an option like this: Show: Icons Only, Icons and Lables, Auto. Auto is what it is doing now. Some commands don't have an icon and in that case, a lable can be shown if Icons Only is selected.

Edit: Thunderbird email program has a toolbar item called "Flexible Space" that could be used just to prevent moving the releative position of toolbar icons when the program window is resized. Adding such feature could also help.
power1
User

Post by power1 »

Hey Will, you were very helpful today :) Can you please look at this also: It seems there is no option to turn off lables for the toolbar icons. As I maximize Editor's window, some icons will have lables and the relative location of the icons change. Can you please add an option to turn off lables for commands that have icons already? Thanks.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Guys,

I apologize, this has only just been brought to my attention. There currently isn't any option to turn this text off, but I believe that this is something we are looking to add for a future build. I don't know when this is planned, or if it's currently a certainty, but I will add your voices to the list of those being.

Currently the only workaround is the one that Bhikkhu suggested.

HTH!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi, power1.
Can you please add an option to turn off lables for commands that have icons already?
We can add this option in future builds. May be in next build..

Cheers
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
power1
User

Post by power1 »

Thanks, that would be great. It is not a super high priority thing, but to have a neat product this has to be taken care of, I think. Also, somehow I was able to add an "empty" toolbar item but not any "separator" item. May be you want to add those two to the list of available commands as well.

Edit: By the way, the lable: "Show Cover Page in Two Page View" is too long for toolbar. In Viewer, it is shorter: "Show Cover Page".
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Hi, power1.

"Show Cover Page in Two Page View" -> "Show Cover Page"- it is done for toolbar. In dropdown-menu will be the same 'long' label. Wait for next build.
Also, somehow I was able to add an "empty" toolbar item but not any "separator" item.
- please details about that. How to reproduce it?

Cheers.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
power1
User

Post by power1 »

Thanks. About your question, I was playing around with the toolbar icons and I think I was moving some separators. A couple of them got disappeared. Then, I noticed that one of the icons doesn't get auto-arranged as before and that was because of a new empty icon beside it. It actually had "empty" written in its tooltip.
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

A couple of them got disappeared. Then, I noticed that one of the icons doesn't get auto-arranged as before and that was because of a new empty icon beside it. It actually had "empty" written in its tooltip.
Strange.. Can you reproduce it again? because I couldn't...
Vasyl Yaremyn
Project Developer

power1
User

Post by power1 »

It seems I cannot ... To prove such thing exist, I took some screenshots. See them at: http://i59.tinypic.com/xeeo21.jpg
By the way, Editor crashed once when I was playing with the toolbar icons. We need to be able to add empty icons and separators.
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Ok. Can you export your settings by "Menu/Edit/Export Settings" and send result-file to support@pdf-xchange.com ?
We will be able to investigate this strange case. Also will be helpful when you provide the step-by-step instruction - how to make crash...
Thanks for your help.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Project Developer