Comment auto hyphen behavior

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

andrew rees
User

Comment auto hyphen behavior

Post by andrew rees »

Hi there, first off thanks a lot to the folks at Tracker for the great product and support they provide.

I have a small request that either I can't locate or that is not yet implemented when it comes to the auto-hyphen in text boxes. I commonly use the editor to mark-up drawings and documents which include a lot of small text boxes and call-out boxes and I find that the auto-hyphen function of these boxes is always cutting words onto the next line. I also have found issues modifying text boxes that were done in the adobe acrobat software by others and once edited it tweaks the whole text box adding a bunch of hyphens that were previously not there.

I know this is mostly a personal preference thing that not everyone would agree on but I'd like to be able to turn this feature off so that words are never hyphenated to the next line. If someone from Tracker could please let me know if this is implemented or planned I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Andrew
Corwin - Tracker Sup
User

Re: Comment auto hyphen behavior

Post by Corwin - Tracker Sup »

Hi Andrew,

You can disable hyphenation via context menu in text box, or by disabling it in spell checker plugin (Edit->Preferences->Plug-ins->Spell Checker->Setup->Enable Hyphenation).

HTH.