Feature requests

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Ivan Lowe
User

Feature requests

Post by Ivan Lowe »

I really like the new pdf editor. Several old problems have been fixed. Unlike many programs I could name where the next version is a backwards step, this version was definitely a step forwards. I have delayed commenting until I had extensive experience.

1. The + and - buttons are in the right place -- on the top menu bar (Unlike Word 2010 where they are on the often off screen bottom bar), but, they are the wrong way round! Most programs have - and + which is more instinctive.

2. This really is urgent. Please restore the options for default Save-As folders.
a. The first step, let me in the settings move the current user/user/user to something more reasonable like e:\data
b. In subsequent use I would like it to go to the last used folder like the 2.5 viewer did. I have folders buried 5 levels deep, and it is a pain to click through them each time.
c. Eventually, it would be nice to have the last 5 locations as a clickable option.

3. In the bookmarking editor, I cannot use Bold or Italics. This is important as some of the headers require italics, for instance in the names of statistical functions.

4. In the bookmarking editor, there is a shortcut (Insert) for adding a bookmark but it only seems to work when the cursor was last clicked on the left hand bookmark window, instead of the actual text I am working on. It is a real pain to have to keep clicking on windows and icons when you have a 500 page document to bookmark and most pages have a header!

5. The usual way to move bookmarks left and right a level is to use Tab and Ctl-Tab. I see that you have Alt + arrow keys. Fine. But it is not instinctive and I would love to use the Tab as usual.

Thanks for listening, and I sure hope giving us back folder save-as options comes quickly.

Ivan Lowe
Dmitry D.
User

Re: Feature requests

Post by Dmitry D. »

Hello.
F2 shortcut to Rename Bookmark still does not work
https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/ ... 62&t=20892
ticket #2368: Editor 307.2: Bookmark creation issues
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi guys,

Thanks for the posts.

Dmitry - I've tested this here and it's the same for me, I'll forward this on to to the Dev. Team.

1) I'll pass the suggestion along.

2 a and b) This has already been implemented and can be set within Edit --> Preferences --> Documents.

3) I'm not sure whether or not this is possible to add, but I'll forward it along for consideration.

4) I've spoken to the Developers on this already and they agree that perhaps we should manage this differently.

5) This can be set manually by going to View --> Toolbars --> Customize Toolbars --> Commands and setting different keyboard shortcuts.

HTH!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Ivan Lowe
User

Post by Ivan Lowe »

You are right that you can now default save-as to previous location. At first I did not find it, then realised you had issued another version yesterday with the setting included! I had checked the upgrade changes logs and not seen it so not bothered to upgrade. Then I got tangled up in the new licence format. The upgrade would not overinstall without deleting my licence, and my licence cut/paste failed. Discovered then you had a new system. So I logged on to my account and sent myself the new serial with the 'vault' and it all worked.

This product keeps on getting better. Thanks

Ivan
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Great! Glad that works for you and thanks for the kind words, always appreciated :)
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com