Settings display in browser

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Zacchia
User

Settings display in browser

Post by Zacchia »

Hi
If I change Settings preferences in the Editor things will be kept. When I do same in IE Explorer open a pdf I can change Settings too but next time open IE then the Settings are reseted.
Any ideas??
Attachments
Browser.zip
(334.6 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Settings display in browser

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Zacchia,

Can you try to turn off protected mode in IE and/or run it with admin privileges as well and let us know if that helps?

Regards,
Stefan
Zacchia
User

Post by Zacchia »

Hi
I am going crazy... I am very sure that it really did not work before... but now it is kept!!
I have no idea why... but all is fine... :?:
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Glad to hear that Zacchia!

Please note that the preferences for the browser and for the stand alone editor are separate - so you might need to set them twice - once for each!

Regards,
Stefan
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Hi all,

are the settings for the PDF-XChange Editor browser plugin still (completely) separate from the application settings?

Or is there a way to syncronize, or copy over, between these two versions of settings?

I'd love to have as many of my settings of the main application also applied to the browser plugin.

Thanks for ideas!
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi David,

They're still separate as there are many settings in the stand-alone app that don't apply to the browser plugin.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Hello Will,

thank you for your fast reply.

I just discovered that it is possible to export and, particularly, to also import the browser plugin settings -- and boy did I import the main program settings into the browser plugin!

So far it seems that this also perfectly worked, including, for example, all my keyboard shortcuts etc. This is amazing, because it means that you basically have your entire, familiar PDF-XChange Editor workspace also available when "only" looking at PDFs in the browser!

The only thing I am missing in the browser plugin is my (heavily customized) titlebar of the main program (which looks like this). This toolbar actually is the one called "Quick Access" in the main program (when you are in "Classic Toolbars UI" mode).

Interestingly, a "Quick Access" toolbar is available both in the main program (below left) and in the browser plugin (below right):

Image Image

Main program toolbars (left) vs. browser plugin toolbars (both in "Classic Toolbars UI" mode)

The only difference between the main program and the browser plugin, regarding toolbars, seems to be that the browser plugin has no "Quick Launch" toolbar. Everything else seems to be the same!

However, unfortunately, the "Quick Access" toolbar of the browser plugin doesn't work, i.e. can't be made visible (when in "Classic Toolbars UI" mode, that is). In "Ribbon UI" mode, the "Quick Access" toolbar perfectly shows up and works, also in the browser plugin.

Therefore, it would be great if the "Quick Access" toolbar of the browser plugin could be repaired such that it also works in the "Classic Toolbars UI" mode of the browser plugin 🙏 🙂

Best regards
David
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, David.P

Sorry about the delay, I have managed to reproduce this bug and created a ticket for it:

RT#5135: IE Classic UI does not have "quick access" bar

As usual, I cannot provide a timeline for a resolution, but we will be working on it when possible.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Thank you Daniel, for the fast action!

Best Regards
David
:)
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

:D
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com