Searching Tabs of current Window only

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Ginfer
User

Searching Tabs of current Window only

Post by Ginfer »

Is it just me or did the meaning of searching "In all opened documents (<number>)" change? Previously it would just search all the documents in the same window, which allowed me to have different windows for different tasks/scopes/… and search only the documents belonging to a particular one.

Now the global search (across all windows) might be also favored by some so how about adding the option to just search the document tabs in the current window? (maybe only offered if more than one window is open)

PS: [Spinning the thought of grouping tabs even further something along the lines of https://support.mozilla.org/kb/tab-groups-organize-tabs might be desirable once the "show tab thumbnails" functionality is implemented. Although it might also be considered over-engineering and something only a miniscule amount of people will make use of, like in the case of Firefox which is why they think about removing that functionality again (majority of users have just a handful of tabs open anyway)]
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Searching Tabs of current Window only

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Ginfer,

By "changed meaning" do you mean differences between the Viewer and Editor or between different builds of the Editor?
In the Viewer each separate window was a new process in windows - while for the Editor - it's one process using multiple windows.

Also thanks for the suggestion for tab grouping - I will pass it along for consideration.

Regards,
Stefan
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Re: Searching Tabs of current Window only

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi, Ginfer.
Now the global search (across all windows) might be also favored by some so how about adding the option to just search the document tabs in the current window? (maybe only offered if more than one window is open)
I think it is good idea to add new option like "In all tabs in this window". We will add it in the future build. Thanks.
Also thanks for suggestion for tab grouping, we will think about it..

Best
Regards.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.