Missing stamps after upgrading from Viewer to Editor

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

SABESOFT
User

Missing stamps after upgrading from Viewer to Editor

Post by SABESOFT »

I upgraded today from Viewer (2.5 - pro Version) to the editor (version 3.072). Now I am missing my personal stamps.
Why? And where can I find the old ones, so I can reimport them.

Sincerly
Bruno
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Missing stamps after upgrading from Viewer to Editor

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for the post - stamp collections, personal settings, etc. are not copied over because the Editor and the Viewer are two entirely separate applications. While the Editor is the replacement for the Viewer, it has been rebuilt from the ground up and so is, internally, extremely different from the Viewer.

You can still copy these collections over though. To do this, go to C:\Users\USERNAME HERE\AppData\Roaming\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Viewer\2.0\Stamps and copy the stamp collections to C:\Users\Will\AppData\Roaming\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\Stamps (you may need to manually create this folder.

HTH!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
SABESOFT
User

Post by SABESOFT »

thanks!
But so a "complicated" copy of a directory should be possible during the upgrade process ;-)

Bruno
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi SABESOFT,

I certainly pass this along, but whether or not this would be implemented is ultimately up to the Dev. Team.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com