Various Issues

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

glennh
User

Various Issues

Post by glennh »

I am evaluating PDF-XChange Editor (build 3.0.307.2) in XP (getting ready to move to Windows 7) I have found a couple of things that are a bit odd (not sure if I am missing something or if these are bugs).

* In the Arrow Tool I have the open arrow set for the end but sometimes the open arrow appears at the start. I cannot see any pattern to it.

* When using the Typewriter tool cut and paste gives varying results.
- If I cut from another application (doesn't seem to matter what application) and I paste using ctl v or right click and paste I get a Typewriter field wide enough for the text with the Typewriter default properties at the point where the cursor was pointing. [This is what I expect.]
- If I cut from a text box or Typewriter field within the same document and paste using ctl v or right click and paste I get a field 1/2 a character wide with the Typewriter default properties at the point where the cursor was pointing (note that when I pasted from another application I got a field that was automatically wide enough for the text).
- If I paste (regardless of the source of the cut) using the tool bar Edit | paste I get a Text Box (not a Typewriter field) big enough for the text in the middle of the view (with Text Box properties and in the middle of where ever I happen to be positioned on the page).

* When using the Text Box tool if I paste using the tool bar Edit | paste I get a Text Box in the middle of the view regardless of where the cursor was setting.

* In the Document Navigation Toolbar the page icons (with green arrows) sometimes don't make sense. For example when 1st opening a document (in continuous View) when I am on the 1st page the only icon of the two available is the left one (if I hover over it, it says it is to navigate backward). If I click it, it takes me to the last page). If I use the "next" narrow to navigate to the end of the document, the page icons (with green arrows) have not changed. Sometimes neither icon is available, etc., etc.
glennh
User

Re: Various Issues

Post by glennh »

Now I am getting different results when trying to cut and paste with the Typewriter Tool (on the same document).
- No matter the source, if I cut and paste with a ctl v or right click and paste I get a 1/2 character wide Typewriter field with the properties carried over from the source. (If I click and drag before I paste I don't get the 1/2 character wide field but the field size is the size of the area outlined by the click and drag.) (Doing cut and paste I was never able to get the default Typewriter properties like before.)
- The paste using the tool bar Edit | paste still gives me the Text Box in the middle of the view.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Various Issues

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi glennh,

Thanks for the posts, I'll answer each point in turn.
* In the Arrow Tool I have the open arrow set for the end but sometimes the open arrow appears at the start. I cannot see any pattern to it.
This is a known issue and has already been fixed. THe fix should be included in the next build.
* When using the Typewriter tool cut and paste gives varying results.
- If I cut from another application (doesn't seem to matter what application) and I paste using ctl v or right click and paste I get a Typewriter field wide enough for the text with the Typewriter default properties at the point where the cursor was pointing. [This is what I expect.]....
I'm not seeing this issue here, the cut, copy and paste functions are working as expected for me, so please make sure that you have the latest build by downloading and running the following installer:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXVE3.zip
* When using the Text Box tool if I paste using the tool bar Edit | paste I get a Text Box in the middle of the view regardless of where the cursor was setting.
Paste at cursor position has not yet been implemented yet, but this should be implemented for either build 308 or 309.
* In the Document Navigation Toolbar the page icons (with green arrows) sometimes don't make sense. For example...
These arrows should function as Previous View and Next View, so they will cycle through the pages that you've 'visited'. Again, this is functioning as expected for me, so please do try the update.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com