Page Layout Toolbar

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

marksarris
User

Page Layout Toolbar

Post by marksarris »

The Page Layout Toolbar seems to be MIA.

Am I missing something, or has it not been instituted yet?

Please advise, regards;

Sarris
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Page Layout Toolbar

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

"Missing In Action" ?

The "Page Layout Toolbar" is at bottom right of the PDF-XChange Editor's window, in the same bar as the "Document Navigation Toolbar" and the "Launch" button.

If you should get the idea that it is not working, then maybe the Zoom-level for the opened PDF is actually too high.
If you first set it to for exemple 50%, then you will clearly see the difference when clicking on the different icons in the Page Layout Toolbar.

Regards.
marksarris
User

Post by marksarris »

I had to reset the toolbars and now it shows.

I normally don't use bottom toolbars. Is it possible to move it to the top? I doesn't want to drag there, so I'm assuming not.

Thanks and regards;

Sarris
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I also found that the Page Layout Toolbar is missing. I don't need it because I dragged the icons into the Menu Bar, which I placed at the bottom (See my Compact Toolbar Layout). Resetting the PageLayout Toolbar does nothing.

However, if I reset all toolbars, then it reappears.

Try dragging the Page layout controls onto the menu bar at the top — that works. Import my Top Menu Toolbar to see the results.

Customising is extremely flexible, but it does seem a bit flaky still in some areas.
Attachments
Top Menu Toolbar.zip
(362.29 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
Compact Toolbar Setup.7z
(365.9 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
marksarris
User

Post by marksarris »

Hi Bhikkhu;

I finally figured out how to customize the toolbars using your description and have added the page layout icons to, and customized the toolbar to my preferences. Your flaky comment is correct, as I previously couldn't get the customizations to stick.

Also Bhikkhu, since you are a knowledgeable fellow on this product, I use multiple monitors and would like to have my thumbnails appear on my second monitor instead of the monitor that PDFXE appears on. I can drag it there and it works great, but it moves back upon restart. Any insight on this?

Thanks for your help.

Sarris
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

marksarris wrote:Any insight on this?
We used to manage fine with 640 x 480 pixels. If your work got so complicated that one monitor is not enough, don't try to do so much. I am still using a single 17" 1280x1024 monitor here, and loving the big, colourful icons in the Editor.

Compact Interface
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
marksarris
User

Post by marksarris »

When I first started drafting in Autocad, I too was on a small 15" screen @ 640 x 480. I'm now using (2) 24" @ 1920 x 1080 & (1) 19" @ 1280 x 1024 between. I'm using PDFXE to view 36" x 24" (or larger) architectural drawings on the two large screens, with notes & misc, on the one between. For me, it works best to view the drawings at 100% or close to it. It would be most convenient to have the thumbnail panel open automatically on the small screen between, but it's not a necessity.

I was hoping that there was some way to force the thumbnail panel to open on the center screen instead of having to drag it there each time I open PDFXE. If not, no biggie. Just thought I'd ask.

Thanks for all your help and insight.

Regards;

Sarris
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Sarris,

Can you please check to make sure you are running build 307.2, and then try to open the Editor with just one file - and then drag and drop the thumbnails as desired on the second monitor, then close the file and the Editor.

Please note that the thumbnails, search and properties panes are document specific, so if you change those for one file - another one from your recent list will still remain with the thumbnails toolbar at the position it was when you last closed the document. But new files (not in the recents list) should open with the Toolbars where you want them - on the second screen.

Regards,
Stefan
marksarris
User

Post by marksarris »

Hi Stefan;

I have discovered that this issue is a setting in my monitor management program (Display Fusion Pro)

Please mark this as solved.

Sorry for the confusion.

Regards;

Sarris
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Sarris,

Glad to hear that!

Cheers,
Stefan