Can't fill in a pdf form!

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

gate1975mlm
User

Can't fill in a pdf form!

Post by gate1975mlm »

Hello,

I have a pdf form that I need to fill out and mail asap. But PDF Exchange Editor will not let me fil anything in. In fact in the upper right corner in the "Current Date" box it has a number zero thet I need to delete but can't. What can I do other then to print and fill in with a pen?

Or does this pdf just not allow editing it which case I find strange very since there is that zero in the "current date" box that I can not remove.

Thanks
Attachments
Warr_Repair_Form.zip
(241.71 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
gate1975mlm
User

Re: Can't fill in a pdf form!

Post by gate1975mlm »

Update!

Ok I figured out I had to enable "Edit Comments" button. However I still can not figure out how to remove that zero in the upper right corner current date box.

Also how do you make the font bigger when filling in forms?
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi gate1975mlm,

Thanks for the post and file - I've taken a look and found that you should be able to fill the form using the Hand Tool.

As for the other issue, the form is and XFA form and, I suspect, that the form has been created so that the date field is ineditable, hence why it cannot be edited by the Editor. Having said that, the fact that the date field is displaying a Zero is an issue, because Adobe does display this correctly. I will forward this onto the Dev. Team so that the issue with the improper date display is fixed.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
gate1975mlm
User

Post by gate1975mlm »

Will - Tracker Supp wrote:Hi gate1975mlm,

Thanks for the post and file - I've taken a look and found that you should be able to fill the form using the Hand Tool.

As for the other issue, the form is and XFA form and, I suspect, that the form has been created so that the date field is ineditable, hence why it cannot be edited by the Editor. Having said that, the fact that the date field is displaying a Zero is an issue, because Adobe does display this correctly. I will forward this onto the Dev. Team so that the issue with the improper date display is fixed.

Cheers,

You are correct the hand tool work.

I had Select text tool enabled which is what I use most of the time and you can not fill in the form with that.

Thanks and hopefully you can fix that zero issue :)
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi gate1975mlm,

Not a problem, I'm sure that we can fix it ;)
I had Select text tool enabled which is what I use most of the time and you can not fill in the form with that.
I will see if the Devs. can add the option to be able to fill out forms with either tool.

As for the main issue, I've created out a ticket for this - RT-2280, so please reference this number if requesting updates.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
gate1975mlm
User

Post by gate1975mlm »

Will - Tracker Supp wrote:Hi gate1975mlm,

Not a problem, I'm sure that we can fix it ;)
I will see if the Devs. can add the option to be able to fill out forms with either tool.

As for the main issue, I've created out a ticket for this - RT-2280, so please reference this number if requesting updates.

Cheers,
Cool thanks :)
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

:D
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
gate1975mlm
User

Post by gate1975mlm »

Also how do you make the font bigger when filling in forms?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Gate,

Apart from the date field in the top right corner I had no problems filling in other fields.
You can not make the text in the fields larger - that's controlled by the form itself, and it's creator.

Regards,
Stefan
gate1975mlm
User

Post by gate1975mlm »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:Hi Gate,

Apart from the date field in the top right corner I had no problems filling in other fields.
You can not make the text in the fields larger - that's controlled by the form itself, and it's creator.

Regards,
Stefan
Thanks for the info :)

So hopefully I will be able to fill in forms when "Select text tool" is used in the future. And also have the date field displayed correctly :)
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi gate1975mlm,

The "Select Text Tool" and forms problem has been reported and will be acted on accordingly, and while I've not checked with the dev team - form handling improvements are being made as we speak so the incorrect date display will likely also be fixed very soon.

Regards,
Stefan
gate1975mlm
User

Post by gate1975mlm »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:Hi gate1975mlm,

The "Select Text Tool" and forms problem has been reported and will be acted on accordingly, and while I've not checked with the dev team - form handling improvements are being made as we speak so the incorrect date display will likely also be fixed very soon.

Regards,
Stefan
You guys are the best thanks :mrgreen:
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

;)