Order of stamps in palette

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

chesscourt
User

Order of stamps in palette

Post by chesscourt »

Hi,
I added a lot of stamps that I use regularely.
Unfortunately the order of the stamps in a palette group in the stamp palette is more or less random.
In both PDF-XChange Viewer and PDF-XChange Editor I find no possibility to reorder the individual stamps.
How can I reorder stamps?
Best regards.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Order of stamps in palette

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello chesscourt,

The order should be the one in which you added these stamps to their respective collections. I don't think there's an easy way to change that order but if you go to
C:\Users\<<Your Windows Username here>>\AppData\Roaming\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Viewer\2.0\Stamps
or
C:\Users\<<Your Windows Username here>>\AppData\Roaming\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\Stamps
You can find all the custom stamps stored there. Please back up the files, and then try to open one of them and reorder the pages and see if that will affect the order of the stamps in the palette later when you are using it in the Viewer/Editor.

Regards,
Stefan
chesscourt
User

Post by chesscourt »

Hello,
these are the results of my experiments:

PDF-XChange Viewer (Version 2.5, Build 214):
Reordering the stamp pages in the files you indicated did not change the order in which the stamps appear within the stamp palette.
However renaming the individual stamps e.g. with "1_...", "2_..." etc. does change the order of the stamps after restarting PDF-XChange Viewer.
This is a practicable work-around, although a slightly "bad taste" remains ;-)

PDF-XChange Editor (Version 3.0, Build 307.1):
Reordering the stamp pages in the files you indicated did not change the order in which the stamps appear within the stamp palette.
Renaming the individual stamps e.g. with "1_...", "2_..." etc. DID NOT change the order of the stamps after restarting PDF-XChange Editor.
It would be great to be able to change the order.

Best regards,
chesscourt
Last edited by chesscourt on Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Thanks for your comments and tests chesscourt.

I will have a word with our devs regarding this behaviour and what could be done for the future.

Regards,
Stefan
SFBAguy
User

Post by SFBAguy »

Please alphabetize the stamps regardless of the order they were entered.

I use dozens of stamps to proofread with, add new ones once in a while, and need to find them in the palette quickly. So I've been holding off using PDF-XChange Editor until this issue is resolved.

Thanks for addressing this.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi SFBAguy,

Thanks for the request - I've put in the feature request for this, but please note that this is not a promise to deliver, only promise that the implementation of such feature will be evaluated thoroughly.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com