How do I insert images?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

TerraD
User

How do I insert images?

Post by TerraD »

I found no simple way in PDF-XChange Editor to insert a picture into a PDF.

Once I was able to use Document --> Insert page --> Insert to create an own page for the image, and after some manipulations I happened to be able to copy the image the PDF I was working on. But this seemed to be rather a coincidence - I did not manage to reproduce this later!

I even tried to insert it by means of FoxIt, but if I do it that way, the picture seems to be nor 'Content' not a 'Comment' and thus I can not change it anymore after having it inserted.

Do I overlook some obvious way to solve my problem?
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: How do I insert images?

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi TerraD,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forums - this menu item is being added for either build 307.2 or build 308 of the Editor.

For now, you should be able to natively open image files by dragging the file from Windows Explorer into the Editor, or by going to File --> Open. This image can be inserted into an open document by dragging the file from Windows Explorer to the thumbnails pane of the Editor.

Hope that helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
TerraD
User

Post by TerraD »

:-) - wow: it works from Explorer and not from ACDSee, as I tried... So that is solved. But:

I can drag and drop the image as described above, but it always inserts a additional page in the PDF. And I can not copy/paste that image (.png, 969x1284 pixel) later and move it to an other page. Is there a solution to this problem as well?
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi TerraD,

Unfortunately, at the moment, copying these items has not been implemented, but it is planned.

If you would like to have the option to shuffle these around later then currently, the best option would be to open the image in, for i.e. MS Paint and copy the image from there, then paste it into the document.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
TerraD
User

Post by TerraD »

Thank you so much - this is a feasible workaround for me.

And thank you for the quick responses. Not often we find this those days! Upvalues your product!
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Not a problem, always glad to help!

Thanks for the kind words too, much appreciated :D
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
TerraD
User

Post by TerraD »

Hi

I tried to find the 'Insert image'-button promised for build 307.2 or build 308. I was not able to find it in V5.5.312.1 - could be I searched in a wrong place...

My personal workaround: I use not only copy/paste to insert images, often I rely on Foxit Reader to insert the images. This allows to adjust the proportions of the image.

Kind regards
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi TerraD,

Thanks for the post - this is available under Document --> Insert Pages --> Insert Images.

HTH!
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)