momentary hand and zoom tools

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

clay
User

momentary hand and zoom tools

Post by clay »

Is it possible to momentarily switch to the hand or zoom tool?

For instance, in numerous other programs you can momentarily switch to the hand tool when you press and hold the space bar. Likewise, ctrl+space bar works for the zoom tool. After you are done with the hand or zoom tool, you just release the keys and the tool reverts back to what you were using before.

Is this functionality possible?
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Re: momentary hand and zoom tools

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

As far as I know it is planned, but not available yet.

Meanwhile you can customise the shortcuts — I have assigned "T" to the text select tool, and Ctrl Space to the Hand tool.

Right-click on a toolbar to customise them. In the customise dialogue, switch to the Commands tab. Select the command, and edit its properties.

For now, I have assigned F11 to Customise to quickly open that dialogue for editing commands and toolbars. Fullscreen mode is also not available yet.

Most of the features from the Viewer have now been carried over to the Editor, but a few remain to be done. There are, of course, also a lot of things found only in the Editor. Check out my review page, which was originally written for the Viewer, but updated for the Editor.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
clay
User

Post by clay »

Thanks Bhikkhu, I have also set keyboard shortcuts for these tools, but momentary switching would be more useful and quicker. Good to hear it is planned.

Should be noted for others that the menu that appears when you right-click on the toolbar is useless, at least for me and a few others that have posted about the problem. I have also brought this bug up in other posts on this forum. Getting to the 'customize dialog' through the Edit>Toolbars menu is the only thing that works for me.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Clay,

Glad that you got the original issue sorted with the shortcuts. As for the customization menu - this might happen when you have "Fade or slide menus into view" checkbox under Windows' Visual Effects turned off. Please write to our support e-mail and we will send you instructions how to turn it on.

Regards,
Stefan
clay
User

Post by clay »

Thanks Stefan,
Turning on the "Fade of slide menus into view" worked.

Cheers,
Clay
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)