XChange Editor Preferences

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jstevenson
User

XChange Editor Preferences

Post by jstevenson »

Hi,

I have just recently switched over from the viewer to PDF XChange Editor and am having issues with the new preferences page. In the viewer, there was a section called 'Saving Documents' where you could choose a destination for 'Save As' documents. I want to change that setting within the XChange Editor so that when I click 'Save As', it will open up from the last used folder instead of the original documents folder but I am unable to find anywhere to do that. Is this not possible in the new Editor?

Thanks,

John
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: XChange Editor Preferences

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello John,

Welcome to our forums. I can't recall a "saving documents" entry in the Viewer menus. Could it be that you are refering to the printing drivers instead?

In any case the "Save As" window in the Editor will be changed in the next build - so you would have a more consistent save path and not get as default the folder from which the file was originally opened.

Regards,
Stefan
jstevenson
User

Post by jstevenson »

In the Viewer, if you clicked Edit>Preferences and then under the 'General' category, you could change that setting.

Thanks for the reply though. I will just have to wait for the next build.

Thank you,

John
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi John,

Now I see! - that's the default download location at which files would be stored if you try to "Open from URL" directly in the Viewer.
This is now by default in the TEMP windows folder for the Editor I believe.

In any case - this setting is independent of what you need to achieve, and the Save As dialogue window behaviour would be changed in the next build.

Regards,
Stefan
isAdmin
User

Post by isAdmin »

Hello,

i got to revive this thread - is there something new around this issue?
We went from XChange Viewer to Editor (build 3.0.307.2) and we are facing this problem too.
Our users (~200) even want to downgrade back to Viewer if this problem persists. Can you / anyone else give me a hint when the next release or update will encounter this problem?

regards, Phil
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Phil,

I am afraid that this was not fixed in 307.2, but should be in 308 if all goes well.

Regards,
Stefan
wayne jordan
User

Post by wayne jordan »

My shop is dealing with this exact problem. My users are frustrated with it. Hope the fix arrives soon.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the post - I've just spoken to the Dev. Team and they've told me that this is already implemented, so it should be available with the next build.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com