Line spacing in Text box/Typewriter/Callout

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

olefin
User

Line spacing in Text box/Typewriter/Callout

Post by olefin »

Hello, guys.

Thanks for your continuous work to improve the product.

A question or request:

Is there a way to change the line spacing in Text box or Typewrite or Callout tool ?
Especially in Text box.

When I place the text box over exiting text (like when I translate the pdf file into another language or replace a paragraph ) it would be very good to keep the same line spacing as in existing text.
Or it I place the text into a cell of exiting table it would be very good to adjust line spacing to fit the height of the cell.

Thanks !
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Line spacing in Text box/Typewriter/Callout

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello olefin,

I am afraid that no it's not currently possible to control the vertical spacing between lines of text in the text tools we offer. Most texts should be with default vertical spacing, so if you get the correct text size for inside the typewriter tool the lines should match, but if they don't - then you might need to use separate typewriter objects for each line you are changing.

Regards,
Stefan
DrBB01
User

Post by DrBB01 »

I understand that when Stefan responded to olefin in 2018 January, the capability of changing line spacing when using the Typewriter function was not part of PDF X-Change Editor. Is that still the case in 2018 July? Stefan's solution will work for me, but it is a lot more work. [I use the free version.]

As a long time user and promoter of PDF X-Change Editor, I appreciate all of the functionality historically built into a free product . I'm just hoping.... :wink:
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi DrBB01,

Thanks for the post - This has been possible for quite a while as far as I'm aware (though I have been away since last September). While you typing in the Typewriter or Textbox object, select the text then right click and select the Paragraph option:

HTH!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com