Problem with OCR text layer alignment/orientation

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

christian kuhlmann
User

Problem with OCR text layer alignment/orientation

Post by christian kuhlmann »

First of all I'm very pleased with the recent progress of the editor.

However, I'm having a strange problem with PDF-XChange Editor and its OCR feature.
The added text layer is not always properly aligned with the text and is sometimes rotated by 90 degrees. I've attached a sample PDF and the result. I've tested 307.0 and 307.1 with a clean install and both show the same problem. OS is Win 7 x64.
OCR works fine for some documents but for others it doesn't. The problem is not limited to landscape documents. I have a scanned A4 document in portrait format that shows the same problem. Unfortunately I cannot upload this document due to its content. XChange Viewer processes all of these documents correctly.

Kind regards and keep up the good work.
Attachments
new_OCR.pdf
(240.13 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
new.pdf
(118.07 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
Walter-Tracker Supp
User

Re: Problem with OCR text layer alignment/orientation

Post by Walter-Tracker Supp »

Do you run OCR with "Document->OCR Pages..." command, or from New Document -> From Images (or From Scanner) with the OCR post-processing enabled?
christian kuhlmann
User

Re: Problem with OCR text layer alignment/orientation

Post by christian kuhlmann »

I use "Document / OCR pages" because I already have a pdf file. You can use the attached file for testing purposes. The _OCR.pdf file shows the result after I perform OCR.