Unsecured forms with unmoveable fillable text fields?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

david james
User

Unsecured forms with unmoveable fillable text fields?

Post by david james »

Can the PDF-XChange Editor create unsecured forms with unmoveable, fillable text fields?

The attached PDF was created by a competitor's cheaper PDF editor (not Adobe Acrobat).

It has been my understanding that because of changes Adobe made to the PDF format some years ago, that embedding this type of text field in the PDF-XChange Editor was not directly possible without implementing developer third-party plug-ins.

Is there any way that this long-awaited feature can become a standard feature of the editor?
Attachments
FAX COVER SHEET.pdf
The fillable text fields are unmoveable when viewed in the PDF-XChange editor and other viewers such as Foxit reader
(1.31 MiB) Downloaded 114 times
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Unsecured forms with unmoveable fillable text fields?

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi David,

Thanks for the post - it is not currently possible with any of our End User products, but we are going to be creating a Forms Designer plugin that should allow for this. I'm afraid that this has had to take a bit of a backseat, due to more pressing feature implementations and bug fixes.

I don't have any ETA on when this would be done, so for now I can only ask you to bear with us and say that it is planned.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
david james
User

Post by david james »

Thanks for your reply, Will.

All I can say in response is that this is a pretty basic and important feature for a pdf editor to have. The talk about implementing this has been kicked around in this forum for several years now and this feature has yet to be implemented. I'm just wondering how this is can be a standard feature of the inexpensive editor that created the attached form, and all without the need of a special forms designer plugin.

I must stress that is a looooooooooooooooong overdue pressing editor feature that without which makes deployable fillable forms end-user corruptable.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

David, I can list many Editors that do not have Forms editing/design in their basic feature set and if available at all are an option additional item, I have no idea to which product you allude and I suspect that whilst it may be a feature in that product - there are many other basic features not available - all products tend to have their strengths and weakness's - for our part we are addressing a broad set of features and endeavoring to satisfy the needs of the majority of users - rather than specializing in specific features.

PDF forms Editing design is important to us and will be available - but it has to take its place in the queue.

Rest assured we are doing all we can to extend the feature set as fast as we can ...
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
SABESOFT
User

Post by SABESOFT »

Because this post is talking about unmoveable fields:
for me it would be enaugh that I could create within PDF Xchange (Viewer pro or Editor pro) fields, give them a name and could import data through an external created .fdf file.
Is this possible?
Sincerly
Bruno
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Bruno,

For the moment we don't offer any forms creation or manipulation tools. These are being worked on and will be available later (probably as a separate plug-in), but I don't have a time frame for that yet.

Regards,
Stefan