PDF-XChange doc prints incorrectly on some printers

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

chris kinata
User

PDF-XChange doc prints incorrectly on some printers

Post by chris kinata »

Hi...I have a 32-page PDF-XChange doc that I've assembled from a series of smaller docs printed from an app (Family Tree Maker) through the PDFX printer. It appears perfectly OK on-screen or when printed to my HP inkjet printer. However, I took the doc to the printer this afternoon to print on 17"x11" (ledger or tabloid) paper on their laser printer, and in _one_ of the subdocs many of the lines connecting one person to another aren't printed in a group of horizontal and vertical lines as one would expect, but as diagonals. It's almost like the 'pen' is down from the _end_ of one line to the _beginning of another. In other words, the locations of the points defining line segments are OK, it just seems like the logic of the directive to print is reversed.

OK, that's Weird Thing #1. Weird Thing #2 is that we tested this on 3 different laser printers at the print shop; 3 different drivers, 2 different makers, and they all had the wonky lines for only that subdocument.

I even opened that subdoc in InkScape, and everything looks fine...

--Chris
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: PDF-XChange doc prints incorrectly on some printers

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the post - could you please send the document in question? If you don't want the document available to the general public, then please send it to support@pdf-xchange.com, with a link back to this topic and we will take a look.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com