Default Page Zoom in Browser Possible?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

wspollack
User

Default Page Zoom in Browser Possible?

Post by wspollack »

I'm aware of the Edit -> Preferences -> Page Display -> Initial Display -> Default Page Zoom setting in the stand-alone use of Editor. I was wondering if there is an equivalent settings for the in-browser use of Editor, when first opening a .pdf URL. (I'm using, primarily, Firefox, version 25.0.1.

Thanks,

Bill P.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Default Page Zoom in Browser Possible?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Bill,

Welcome to our forums.

Please take a look at the attached image and click the small triangle in the highlighted area. This will open the main menu of the browser version of the Editor, and you can then change the "initial display" settings for it as well. The settings for the stand alone Editor and for the browser are independent and need to be set separately.

Regards,
Stefan
Attachments
image.zip
(26.23 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
wspollack
User

Post by wspollack »

Stefan: thank you very much -- worked like a charm. I hadn't noticed those little arrows before, nor the menu-hiding arrows on the right.

Thanks again for your prompt and thorough reply.

Bill P.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Bill,

The functionality of the UI and the Preferences are virtually identical between the browser plugin and the standalone application. Please try doing what Stefan has suggested, while viewing a PDF in broswer with the Editor and plugin, and that should do as you need.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
wspollack
User

Post by wspollack »

Will - Tracker Supp wrote:Hi Bill,

The functionality of the UI and the Preferences are virtually identical between the browser plugin and the standalone application. Please try doing what Stefan has suggested, while viewing a PDF in broswer with the Editor and plugin, and that should do as you need.

Cheers,
Thanks, Will. Yep, got it now. I just didn't know how to get those extra in-browser menu bars to show up -- didn't even know that they existed -- until Stefan pointed me in the right direction (with a pic of the down-arrow, show-the-menu-bar, little icon).
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

:D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com