Importing Stamps from A File One by One

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Importing Stamps from A File One by One

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I tried to import some stamps from my multipage PDF file.

On opening the file, which has 12 pages, I can select each page in turn and rename all of the stamps.

However, on clicking OK, only the last selected page is imported.

On reopening the Stamps Palette, all of my work is lost, I have to find the PDF file again, and import one page at a time. :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Importing Stamps from A File One by One

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Bhikkhu,

Are you trying to create new stamps from directly inside the editor or to import an existing stamps collection from the Viewer?
If importing existing stamps - simply copy the files from
C:\Users\<<USERNAME>>\AppData\Roaming\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Viewer\2.0\Stamps
to
C:\Users\<<USERNAME>>\AppData\Roaming\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\Stamps
And all should be well.

Cheers,
Stefan
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

There are no custom stamps in the Viewer — this is a fresh install on Windows 7.
I am trying to import stamps from the PDF file to the Editor.

That should work, surely?

When importing stamps from a file in the Viewer, it is clear that only 1 page can be imported at a time, but with the Editor, it is possible to rename each stamp, then scroll to the next one. It is thus possible to rename all 11 then import, but only the last one is imported.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Bhikkhu,

When using the Editor to create a stamp from a multipage PDF, it will show all of the pages of that PDF in the preview (as I'm sure you have seen). This isn't a list of all of the pages from which multiple stamps will be created and added to a single collection, but simply a list of pages from which you can choose to create a single stamp.

We are looking into adding a feature that would allow for multiple pages of a file to be recognized as indivual stamps and imported to the new collection. This is likely to be a long term request, however, as there are other things that have to take priority for the moment.

Cheers, hope that helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
MiaCat
User

Post by MiaCat »

Hi,

I just wanted to check that there is still no provision for creating multiple stamps from a multipage document on PDF XChange Editor. I am experiencing exactly the same problem as the person who started this thread back in 2013. In my case, I am desperately trying to find a way to import multiple stamps at once because I am downloading three sets of BSI marks, each of which contain over 100 pages of separate stamps. Can you imagine how tedious it would be to import each of those stamps individually?? I do not have that kind of time to waste doing something so tedious.

The really puzzling thing for me is that I previously managed to import the multipage documents as separate stamps within a pre-named collection, on my old computer, with an older version of the software. This was approximately two months ago. And yet, in trying the same process on my updated version of the software, it simply has not worked. If anyone out there knows of a way to create lots of stamps from one multipage document, please let me know asap! I would be most grateful.
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi guys.

The normal stamp-collection is a regular pdf-document that is prepared specially, it includes additional info about the stamps.
When we are talking about importing(migrating) an existing stamp-collection from the Viewer(or Acrobat, or other pdf-viewers) to the Editor - you can just copy it between corresponding folders, as Stefan suggested.

Regards creating a new stamp-collection from a file (any multi-paged pdf, tiff etc.), from all pages at one time - this feature will be available in the near future, hopefully - in next build.

Best
Regards.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
entropics licenses for personal use
User

Post by entropics licenses for personal use »

Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team wrote:Hi guys.

The normal stamp-collection is the regular pdf-document that is prepared specially, it includes additional info about the stamps. [...]

Regards creating a new stamp-collection from a file (any multi-paged pdf, tiff etc.) [...]
Hi !

I try to achieve the same task : create a new stamp collection (from scratch or updating an existing one) programmatically.
But it seems that I lack of some informations :) what are the additional info about stamp you are refering to ? I do not find any documentation/help about the "prepared specially" you mention.

Thanks your for you response.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Stamp collection is a regular PDF file where some pages can represent a stamp.
To have a PDF treated as a stamp collection you have to add a name tree name Pages under the /Root/Names (see sections "Name dictionary" and "Name trees" in the PDF Specification).

Each key in the name tree represents the ID of the stamp and the corresponding value in the name tree refers to the page object.
The ID of the stamp is a string comprising two parts separated by =. The first part is a unique ID of the stamp (for example, GUID can be used). The second part is a name that is shown in the UI.

For example:
369D78AE-A03E-4520-B455-8A486345084E=My cool stamp
or
VeRyUnIqUeId=For fun

Document title is used as a title for the stamps collection.

HTH
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
entropics licenses for personal use
User

Post by entropics licenses for personal use »

Thx for the explanations. I understand how it works now :wink:
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)