Restore Last Session in Editor Pro

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

whroberts
User

Restore Last Session in Editor Pro

Post by whroberts »

I've just installed a copy of Editor Pro alongside my existing Viewer Pro copy, and there are a couple of things I've noticed so far that don't seem to be working as stated either in the manual or on the web page :

1) Unable to add/remove items from the toolbar. Specifically, I want to add a "Save As" button. It's in the dialogue box for "Customize Toolbars", but can't drag/drop it anywhere.

2) The option to restore the last session doesn't seem to be available in the Preferences anywhere. I've tried pinning documents and setting the "Restore last used pages layout" option, but it always starts with a blank workspace.

3) With Viewer, I could set the Help menu option to open the local pdf copy of the help file, rather than the one on the web site. I can't see any way to do this in the Editor version. Is this option present anywhere?

I also miss the status bar at the bottom of the screen, and the ability to display the toolbars over multiple rows, but I assume that these options have disappeared for good in the new interface?

Having used the new version for a few hours, it does seem to be a more rounded product than the Viewer, but I don't think I'll be moving over to it just yet, unless I really need the editing functions. For the time being, I'll stick to the Viewer; mainly because of the three issues listed above, which will hopefully be resolved in a future release.

Don't want to sound too negative - for a first release it's very good, and if I hadn't been using the Viewer for a few years I would have been extremely pleased with it.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Restore Last Session in Editor Pro

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Thanks for your comments which are much appreciated.

The items you note are for the most part coming in the very near future - its just a matter of priorities leading up to this release that have excluded them to date. so please watch for the release in late November ('ish) which should address at least some if not all of the points made and later releases should resolve all.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
whroberts
User

Post by whroberts »

Thanks John, that sounds good.

I'll keep checking back for version updates.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Pleasure and thanks for your patience :)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
chillrobot
User

Post by chillrobot »

I'm really looking forward to the restoration of those features, too. And the ability to export/import settings.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi chillrobot,

Thanks for the pot - the ability to customize toolbars, create custom style palettes for annotations and several other features should be available for build 307, which is due to be released with the New Year, so it shouldn't be too long of a wait.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
jessered
User

Post by jessered »

Will - Tracker Supp wrote:Hi chillrobot,

Thanks for the pot - the ability to customize toolbars, create custom style palettes for annotations and several other features should be available for build 307, which is due to be released with the New Year, so it shouldn't be too long of a wait.

Cheers,
Reload Sessions was promised in next release back in May. It did not happen in "Novemberish".

You specifically left out mention of Reload Sessions in the above statement. Reload Sessions is what this thread is about. So is it scheduled for the build 307 and if not, what is a more realistic date?
jessered
User

Post by jessered »

Will - Tracker Supp wrote:Hi chillrobot,

Cheers,
It was posted here that it was coming soon multiple times. Novemberish is gone and you specifically left out mention of it in your reply. Is it reload session part of build 307?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello jessered,

Build 307 was released yesterday, and I have myself not had the chance to try it out yet, but please download it and check if this feature is present yourself:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/pdf-xchange-editor

Regards,
Stefan
chillrobot
User

Post by chillrobot »

Didn't work in my test. I sent a Problem Report.
gate1975mlm
User

Post by gate1975mlm »

chillrobot wrote:Didn't work in my test. I sent a Problem Report.
"Restore Last Session" option will be added most likely in the next build 308.

Scroll to the bottom in the following thread for details on "Restore Last Session"
https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/ ... 62&t=20372\

"Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team" said the following

"Sorry, no. But it will be added in the next build. It will save/restore layout of opened tabs also (all custom tab groups that you made by D&D of tabs or by commands from "Window" menu)."
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi gate1975mlm,

Thanks for answering, much appreciated :)
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.