How to insert images in PDFs?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

gunnarh
User

How to insert images in PDFs?

Post by gunnarh »

maybe a stupid question, but how can Images (JPG, GIF, ... ) be inserted using PDF XChange Editor (v3.0.304)?

The only way I noticed is, to use the Stamps Tool and create a new Stamp from the image file.

Shouldn't it be possible to simply paste an image out from the clipboard to the opened PDF-Document?
Or is ther any insert-image-functionality?
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: How to insert images in PDFs?

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi gunnarh,

Thanks for the post - this should also be possible via the File --> New Document --> From Image method.

As far as pasting images from the clipboard goes, I'm afraid that this hasn't been implemented yet, but should be in a later build release.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
gunnarh
User

Post by gunnarh »

File -> New Document -> From Image creates a new PDF from an Image.

My requirement is to insert an image into a already existing PDF File.

The ugly workaround to create a new stamp from image, apply the stamp on the PDF and afterward delete the created stamp is the only way I found so far.

Even copying an image out from an existing PDF to insert it into an existing PDF does not work.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi gunnarh

you are correct. I just tried using copy/paste to past an image into the Editor and it doesn't work.

We are still adding features to the Editor that are already in the Viewer and it would appear that this particular one has not yet been done. Until the Editor is completed you will need, I'm afraid, to use the Viewer still to do this. Sorry for any inconvenience.

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com