Moving Objects/Comments

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

HotCha21
User

Moving Objects/Comments

Post by HotCha21 »

Is it possible to select an object or comment and move it with the Arrow Keys? Currently, the Arrow Keys scroll around the page.

Thanks!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Moving Objects/Comments

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello HotCha21,

Welcome to our forums!

This feature is indeed working differently in the Viewer and Editor - and I will check with our devs so that this is brought in line in both products and to the expected behaviour of the arrow keys moving the object if it is selected instead of moving the page.

Regards,
Stefan
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi, HotCha21.
Is it possible to select an object or comment and move it with the Arrow Keys? Currently, the Arrow Keys scroll around the page.
This feature will be added a bit later. Please wait...

Best
Regards
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
HotCha21
User

Post by HotCha21 »

Thanks everyone!
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Ticket #1978: Move selected objects by arrow keys created in our internal system so that we can track and fix that.
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
thomas e komsta
User

Post by thomas e komsta »

I was wondering if this would carry forward. It was a feature I used in Viewer a lot. Good to see there's a ticket on it.
srn123
User

Post by srn123 »

There is a corollary behavior discrepancy on comments that I see.

I have a multi-page document with multiple comments on each page as either sticky notes or highlights with associated comments.

I have all the comments opened and visible as popup notes and visible on the page and are laid out so that they do not overlap. When I scroll through the document line by line, I see that the comment popup notes also scroll, but stack up on each other towards the top or bottom of the PDF page depending on the direction in which the page is scrolled. It looks odd to see a clump of comments at the top when scrolling down and there is no page content visible for the page except for the page footer. Only when the page goes completely out of view do comments disappear.

Viewer also has co-ordinated comment scrolling, but when the line with an associated comment goes out of the visible frame boundary, the comment is automatically hidden, which is a clean and nice behavior. Editor could follow that.

I am using Editor build 304 on Windows XP SP3.

-RamNarayan S
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello RamNarayan S,

Thanks for the post.

I just checked with our devs and they told me that the current Editor behaviour is the same one as the one used by Adobe's reader, but I will now make a ticket so that we can add an option for you to toggle this between the current behaviour and the way it was handled in the Viewer.

Regards,
Stefan
srn123
User

Post by srn123 »

Thanks Stefan for the prompt update. After your note, I checked the same on Adobe Reader X and the existing Editor behavior indeed does mirror the Adobe behavior. However as I noted, the Viewer behavior is far cleaner and contextual. And thanks for the ticket for customization of this behavior.

-Regards, RamNarayan S
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Glad to assist RamNarayan S,

And here's the ticket:
#1979: Editor: Option to auto-hide pop-ups when their comments become invisible by scrolling

Regards,
Stefan
thomas e komsta
User

Post by thomas e komsta »

Ticket #1978: Move selected objects by arrow keys

Fixed and working in 306 :!:

Official "ATTABOY". Pass it around :D
Thanks again for the awesome support.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

:D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com