PDF comments not recognized by Adobe Acrobat/Reader

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

matjes85
User

PDF comments not recognized by Adobe Acrobat/Reader

Post by matjes85 »

Acrobat Reader/Editor does not recognize status attributes set with XChange Editor.

BTW: Is it not possible to sort/filter comments by their status in XChange Editor?

PDF XChange Editor

Adobe Reader

Has someone else the same problem/knows a solution for it?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: PDF comments not recognized by Adobe Acrobat/Reader

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello matjes85,

Sorting by status is indeed not yet possible, but I believe that this is already requested and in our list of feature requests.

As for the status not being visible in Adobe's reader - it is indeed not shown, but are you able to set any other "status" in your Adobe Reader? I could not find this functionality in their free reader at all.

I could however check and set the status of annotations with JS, and then when saving this document - the status was properly shown as set/changed in our Editor as well.

Regards,
Stefan
matjes85
User

Post by matjes85 »

You're right, the status does not appear in the Reader wo unlocked comment features. But it did not appear in Adobe Acrobat, too. Unfortunately I don't have Adobe Acrobat installed, and was therefore not able to take a screenshot of the missing status there.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi matjes85,

I've created 2 tickets for this - one as a feature request (1975) and one as a bug report (RT-1974).

The Devs. will look into this as soon as possible and hopefully a fix will be included in the next build.

Cheers, hope that helps!
Will
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com