TypeWriter is very slow

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

MWisniewski
User

TypeWriter is very slow

Post by MWisniewski »

Hello,

We use the pdfexchangeviewer to edit a pdf file within our application. The typewriter feature works fine when we use it locally on a desktop. but when the same application is opened in a Terminal server environment and we use the Typewriter feature its very slow.

The first issue is overall slowness when typing. As you are typing the cursor will normally keep up with your typing. When typing in a PDF the cursor will lag behind anywhere from one character to entire sentences. Once you stop typing, the cursor will catch up.

The second issue is with characters actually being skipped. As you are typing random letters will be skipped. This is usually in addition to the slowness as described above. For example if you type the sentence "This is a test" you may end up with "Ths is tst".

The problem only occurs when the other word and excel documents are open at the same time. Just pdf file itself is not slow.

Anyone has experienced this kind of slowness with the typewriter tool? i really appreciate any pointers on how to proceed with this issue. Thanks.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: TypeWriter is very slow

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi MWisniewski.

Thanks for the post - I apologize sincerely, but our Citrix/Server expert is on holiday for the next two weeks, so I'm afraid that it's not something that we're going to be able to test properly until he gets back, as this seems like a very specific issue that would require an intimate knowledge of the OS to effectively troubleshoot.

Once again, we're very sorry for the inconvenience, but we will post back as soon as we know more.

Cheers,
Will
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
MWisniewski
User

Post by MWisniewski »

Thanks Will. In the meantime i will try troubleshoot more. Thanks again.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Not a problem MWisniewski, I appreciate you patience and understanding here! :)
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com