(Feature Request) Loading % when launching pdf in browsers!

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

gate1975mlm
User

(Feature Request) Loading % when launching pdf in browsers!

Post by gate1975mlm »

Hello again :)

When opening pdf's in browsers can you add a "Loading %" while the pdf is downloading in the browser?

This would be good when opening extra big pdf's and it would give you an idea have how long until the pdf will appear.

Much better then looking at a blank page :)

I think Adobe reader has this feature.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: (Feature Request) Loading % when launching pdf in brows

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi gate1975mlm,

I will need to check this with the devs if this is possible for all or some PDF files, but my default browser (Opera) usually shows in the bottom left corner a progress bar. Sometimes this shows the percentage (when the website has told the browser how big the file actually is), or just how much has been downloaded (if the website hasn't sent all the headers with file info first).

I believe that the way it works now is that the browser downloads the whole file, and only when the download is complete it checks with which plug-in or application to open this file so this progress bar might not be up to us to display.

Best,
Stefan