How to duplicate tabs

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

parkc23
User

How to duplicate tabs

Post by parkc23 »

Hi, I was trying to find a way to duplicate a tab in a same window in Editor. Does anyone know how to?
Thanks.
Tony York
User

Re: How to duplicate tabs

Post by Tony York »

Hi,

I am not tech support, but I am currently testing the Editor to check on differences between it and the older viewer, as I use the ActiveX viewer extensively. I thought I would see if it could be done in the old viewer first. I could not find a way to do that, and I can understand why. It would mean that one active document would have to be read only, and I can find no functionality in the classes that allow for the same document to be open but in different modes. From a programming perspective, you could could do it by creating a copy of the file with a different file name and then display both, but not in the stand alone editor unless you followed the manual process I described, which is probably unwieldy and time consuming.

Tony
parkc23
User

Post by parkc23 »

That's too bad, because often times, I open long documents and need to refer to other parts of a document. So, this feature would save me lots of scrolling.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

HI parkc23,

have you tried: Window --> Split --> Horizontal Split/Vertical Split?

Is this what you are looking for?
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Tony York
User

Post by Tony York »

Ok,

Now you're just showing off with all those new features :D
parkc23
User

Post by parkc23 »

Thanks. It's sort of what I was looking for. Meanwhile, it would be great to be able to access the split view menu through a context menu or keyboard shortcut for an easy access (Most of the times, I keep the toolbars hidden for maximal use of my screen real estate).
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

The next release or one shortly thereafter - will contain the shortcut keys and the ability to set your own as well as modify the UI and toolbars etc to suit your needs..
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com