Comment pane?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

amer
User

Comment pane?

Post by amer »

Hi, Congratulations on finally getting out the gold release. I love the ability to quickly hide all toolbars and drag out a tab to show it in a separate window. I can not wait to see some nice plug-ins to make editor even more useful when working with Evernote and other services.

Glad to see that the highlighting feature is finally implemented, but the comments options should bot be buried in a right-click menu when a block of text is selected. I am sure the highlight text feature is much more used feature than the read loud text feature, yet the former is buried in a menu.

Finally, am I doing something wrong or it is still not possible to show the comments pane?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Comment pane?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello amer,

Thanks for your comments. For now the toolbars are not as fully customizable as the Viewer ones, so when a particular toolbar is longer (the one that includes e.g. the typewriter tool) - extra buttons in that toolbar are hidden in a drop down menu.

For the moment you can drag down the toolbar area - so that you can have all the tools visible in a narrower window. Please check the attached screenshot.

I also noticed that when you try to click the comments pane button - it hides all the toolbars - so this is something we will have to fix.

Best,
Stefan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
amer
User

Post by amer »

Thanks for your reply. I am not able to turn on the comments pane. The option in View/Other Panes is grayed out and the shortcut Ctrl+M is not working. Please see the attached screen clip. How did you managed to turn on the comments pane?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi amer,

you are right that the comments pane is not yet available in the Editor. It's almost finished. I expect it should be in the next build.

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com