Some remarks on Stamp tool, Typewriter, Toolbars, ...

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Willy Van Nuffel
User

Some remarks on Stamp tool, Typewriter, Toolbars, ...

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Sorry to annoy you with still some remarks after testing with the 301 pre-release:

Problems with the Stamp tool
1) I do not find a way to choose another stamp than the "Draft" one. Clicking an other stamp in Stamps Palette (via Tools > Comment and Markup tools, has no use).
2) I do not find an intuitive way to deactivate the Stamp tool. Clicking the check mark next to the Stamp tool-entry in the Comment and Markup tools-menu, has no use... Can you make it switchable (on/off) ? I have to click the "Select Text" or the "Edit Multiple Comments"-button to switch the Stamp tool off.

Problems with the Typewriter
3) Clicking the page to start typewriting places a textbox, but when selecting an other font, color, size and reclicking the textbox, the choise swithes back to the original. You have to explicitly select the text in the box before selecting font, color, ...

Moving the Toolbars
4) When putting the mouse arrow upon the move-handles of a toolbar, the mouse arrow changes into arrows in the four directions, but when dragging nothing happens...

Page display
5) I do not understand why the "Continous" page display in PDF-XChange Editor is one page besides the other (horizontally), while in PDF-XChange Viewer (and also in Adobe Reader) it is one page below the other (vertically).

Other items
6) Multiple items of my comments on 23 of March are not yet implemented... do they still make a chance ?
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Some remarks on Stamp tool, Typewriter, Toolbars, ...

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Willy,

It's no problem at all!

1, 2 and 4 happen because these are features that haven't yet been implemented, so I'm afraid that you'll have to bear with us on that.

I'm going to look into 3 and 5 now and will post back with my findings.

As for 6, I'm not entirely sure what these were - could you please provide a reference link or an email subject for me to look up?

Cheers,
Will
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Page display
5) I do not understand why the "Continous" page display in PDF-XChange Editor is one page besides the other (horizontally), while in PDF-XChange Viewer (and also in Adobe Reader) it is one page below the other (vertically).
It is not a bug, it is feature :wink:
The Editor supports two kinds of layouts: the standard one and the 'ribbon'. You can easily switch between them using corresponding items in View -> Page Layout menu.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

to Will:
Reference to my comments: https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/ ... 62&t=17067

to Ivan:
Thanks for explaining. By switching to "Standard Layout" the page display is back to what I like it should be.
I guess that many people will struggle with this !
To indicate the difference between "Standard Layout" and "Ribbon Layout" via icons, I must admit, that is a little more difficult. You could think about something with three little pages, an icon with the pages in vertical order for Standard Layout and an other one in horizontal order for Ribbon Layout ?
Victor Warner
User

Post by Victor Warner »

To pick up on:
Problems with the Typewriter
3) Clicking the page to start typewriting places a textbox, but when selecting an other font, color, size and reclicking the textbox, the choise swithes back to the original. You have to explicitly select the text in the box before selecting font, color, ...
Both for the Typewriter Function and the Text Box Function it is not possible to set any preferences that stick or defaults.

This means if you wish to type several different lines of text with the Typewriter Function in a PDF, on each occasion you have to set the font, size, colour etc.

It is hard to think (yet again) this is a final version when so much is still missing. It is tiring and dispiriting to have to discover what is missing rather than Tracker Software being upfront and saying exactly what is missing.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

You are not using the final release - please uininstall and install the correct build form our official download site !!!!

The release you used was intended for internal use only and was not for release to end users!

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/downloads

Is where the official Gold release was offered and uploaded.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
Victor Warner
User

Post by Victor Warner »

John

If you last post is directed at me. I am using version 3.0.301 which I downloaded yesterday evening. Are you saying that these features are present?
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

comments noted - see replies to other posts to avoid duplication.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support