[Feature Request] Edit Points of Vector Lines

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Paul - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software

mCHSNUg5Pz8cPap
User

[Feature Request] Edit Points of Vector Lines

Post by mCHSNUg5Pz8cPap » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:01 am

Hi PDF-XChange Reps,

I really, really like your software. However, there is one feature I miss from Kofax Power PDF Advanced. It is the ability to edit points of vector lines. In Power PDF, I do this by editing the object, right clicking on the line, and selecting edit points. It then shows the points that define the line. I can move or change points as needed. I also believe I can add and remove points as well.

I created a short video showing how it works in Power PDF Advanced (be sure to watch it in HD to see what I did).
https://youtu.be/cZr4YbgX8Iw

Thanks

David.P
User

Re: [Feature Request] Edit Points of Vector Lines

Post by David.P » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:36 pm

Although I feel that this might be almost asking too much, since it would effectively turn PDF-XChange Editor into a vector graphics editor, I am very much tempted to say that this would be an awesome feature.

It would then be possible to edit PDF line drawings directly in PDF-XChange Editor, and not having to rely on separate programs such as Inkscape to do so.
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro

mCHSNUg5Pz8cPap
User

Post by mCHSNUg5Pz8cPap » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:05 am

David.P wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:36 pm
Although I feel that this might be almost asking too much, since it would effectively turn PDF-XChange Editor into a vector graphics editor, I am very much tempted to say that this would be an awesome feature.

It would then be possible to edit PDF line drawings directly in PDF-XChange Editor, and not having to rely on separate programs such as Inkscape to do so.
It is an awesome feature. This and one button font embedding (no need to print or save the file to embed fonts) would absolutely put me in a state of software nirvana.

The only pdf editor to my knowledge that can be used to edit points of vector graphics is Kofax Power PDF Advanced. Not even Adobe Acrobat DC has this feature (I have it installed but never use it anymore). It's the only reason I keep a copy of Power PDF Advanced on my computer. I decided to post this suggestion after being forced to use Power PDF Advanced to make a couple of edits.

Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:40 pm

I am going to have to say I also think that is an awesome feature. But reality kicks me and reminds me of how much work that might be to implement and question how many peolpe would use it.

I find it interesting seeing the myriad ways people use our software, I myself use drawings regularly and can see incredible use for this. At the end of the day however we must balance "the needs of the many..." I have passed this on to the dev team to see what they say.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oz8xM5Op ... /giphy.gif 8)

Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com

Arnold
User

Post by Arnold » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:43 pm

I think it would be great

Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin