Hidden layer in a document without layers ?.

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jackyjoy123
User

Hidden layer in a document without layers ?.

Post by jackyjoy123 »

Hello,

A bit of an odd question. I have opened a pdf document using Xchange viewer pro 2.5 build 211.0) and whilst it is rendering the cad drawing I see a flash of some text which is then immediately overlaid and disappears.

As I zoom in and out I can see the text flash up and disappear. This has piqued my interest and would like to see what this text is. Is there a way to make this text appear, I have looked at the layers tab and the drawing does not have any layers so I guess it is something to do with the z order.

Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks
jackyjoy
https://t.me/pump_upp
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Hidden layer in a document without layers ?.

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello jackyjoy123,

Layers are logical structures in the PDF format, but even without layers - there is still 'base content' and annotations inside PDF files, and e.g. base content objects could be one on top of the other and as such overlap and hide each other.
You will need our PDF XChange Editor to be able to modify the base content of this file (re/move the objects that are on top to reveal the other content below), as the older Viewer doesn't have the same tools.

Kind regards,
Stefan