Comparing two PDF documents

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jankojc
User

Post by jankojc »

Hello,

I am trying to compare two PDF documents by overlap both like a layer. One of them is newets than the other, so I would like to set and fit it the one of them with transparancy about 60% to the second one and then find the differences.

It is possible do do it using xChange Editor?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Regards, Bartek
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Comparing two PDF documents

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello jankojc,

We do not have an automated tool for this yet, but are working on it!

In the mean time you could possibly select all the content in one of the files, make it 60% opaque, and then copy it and paste it over the other document. It might work for e.g. 1-2 page documents but this is obviously a workaround only.
Another thing to try is have both documents opened in the same zoom level (e.g. Fit Page), and then quickly switch between the two with Ctrl + Tab.

Kind regards,
Stefan
jankojc
User

Post by jankojc »

Thank you for your reply.

I am glad to know, you are working on solution, that would help me, hope the next update will resolve this issue.

But now I have to compare the document using tools I have now, so I have antoher question. Is it possible to mark the content in this way, that the parts of them (for exaple block with text, images, lines) will be marked as single element, without pissibilities move them relative to each others? I would like do do this way, that document which includes a lot o parts will be treated like a one element.

Regards, Bartek
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, jankojc

I should note that while we are working on this feature, it will not likely be available in the near future (almost certainly not the next build), it is highly complex and we still are not far enough along to offer a rough idea of a timeline for its implementation.

AS for your latter question. I am unsure what exactly you mean by "marked as a single element". the only thing that comes to mind in our "rasterize pages" function, which flattens all page content into a single image, so that there actually is only a single object per page. that may work for your needs, but as I am unsure what exactly you are looking for, This is only a guess.
If that is not what you wanted, please elaborate on what you are looking for, and I will see what else we could offer.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
jankojc
User

Post by jankojc »

Thank you for you reply, "rasterize pages" function is a exaclty what I asked for.

Reagrds, Bartek
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

:)
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com