Field Alignment is Ignored on fields with same name

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Paul - Tracker Supp, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software

TheWiz
User

Field Alignment is Ignored on fields with same name

Post by TheWiz » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:52 pm

When we have a form with two fields that have the same name, the alignment property of the second field is ignored and instead uses the alignment of the first field.

Example: two fields, both named "Customer Name". The first field is centered, the second field is left-justified. When populated, both fields will be centered.

If the fields are named differently, the issue goes away.

So far, this only seems to happen with the alignment property. Other attributes such as font and size do not exhibit this behavior.

This is in PDF-XChange Editor version 7.0.326.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this without having to name the fields uniquely?

Thanks

TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Field Alignment is Ignored on fields with same name

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:18 pm

Hi, TheWiz

Form fields are unique in PDF as the data that is shown in the field is not actually stored inside the object in the page, this is why the same content is always shown for all fields with the same name.

With that said, the "alignment" value of the field should be respected in any situation. Seeing as you are running an older build, that is the most likely cause. I do not see the issue in the latest, Version 8 build 341.0. Could I ask you to please update the software and try this again?

Kind regards,
Daniel McIntyre
Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

Support: <Support@tracker-software.com>
Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623

TheWiz
User

Post by TheWiz » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:24 pm

I updated to 8.0.331.0 which is the most recent version available to my subscription. The issue still exists. If I try to change the alignment of a field that shares the same field name as another one, it will not let me change the value. If I change the name of the field, I can do it. Looking at the three updates since then, the most recent which seems to be over 9 months ago, there is no indication that this has been fixed.

I have attached an image of what is happening to help.
pdfissue.gif

TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:31 am

Hi, TheWiz

There have been 10 total updates since build 331 was released, the most recent of which (341) was made available on August 12th 2020, just over a month ago. As the issue is resolved in this version, the only suggestion I can offer is to update the software further. We do not offer updates for previous versions.

To update beyond your maintenance period (which will cause the application to run in trial mode until a renewal is purchased) you can download the software from the product page directly: https://www.tracker-software.com/products

Kind regards,
Daniel McIntyre
Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

Support: <Support@tracker-software.com>
Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623