Strike Through Not Printing

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Paul - Tracker Supp, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software

avh
User

Strike Through Not Printing

Post by avh » Fri May 22, 2020 7:12 pm

Hello,

I can strike through a word on my pdf and insert an image next to the strike-through, and I see it just fine on the screen - but when I print the saved document, it doesn't print. I see the strike through as 100% opacity in the software. What do I need to do to get it to print?!

Thank you!

TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Strike Through Not Printing

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel » Fri May 22, 2020 7:18 pm

Hi, avh

If you look to your print options, under "more..." you will see an option to "print markups":
PDFXEdit_2bZ7ttJx3i.png
Ensure that this option is enabled, and you should then see those annotations printed out.

Kind regards,
Daniel McIntyre
Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

Support: <Support@tracker-software.com>
Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623

avh
User

Post by avh » Fri May 22, 2020 7:23 pm

Thank you! That worked. Follow up - if I save the pdf and email it to someone who opens it with other software, are they going to see and print the strike-through as well? I want to make sure they can.

TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel » Fri May 22, 2020 7:31 pm

Hi, avh

Yes, strikethroughs are a type of comment which are saved within the file itself. As a general rule, if you save the file, close it, and then reopen it, you will see the same in our Editor as anyone else in any other capable PDF viewing software will see. If you cannot see it after that, then they will likely also not be able to see it.

Kind regards,
Daniel McIntyre
Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

Support: <Support@tracker-software.com>
Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623