Text and image display problem in fullscreen

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

kai_jh
User

Text and image display problem in fullscreen

Post by kai_jh »

Since the update to build 334.0 I am experiencing the following bug with basically all PDFs I am reading that contain larger text sections: PDF opened; full-screen view; switch to continuous page scroll view via shortcut; use the "hand" tool on the touch screen tablet (I am on a 2-in-1 convertible, bug appears both with connected or detached keyboard) to scroll around over a couple of pages by dragging them along. At some point (mostly starting after around 5 seconds and 3-4 pages scrolled), the text and also images are displayed totally screwed up - it appears the graphic cash is missing multiple pixel rows. If you are unable to reproduce, I would be glad to supply screenshots (also with a test document that you provide, if that helps). As soon as I zoom in or out a bit or exit and re-enter fullscreen mode the view is corrected. The problem persists though, if I continue to scroll on back in fullscreen mode, the problem occurs again.

Latitude 7285 2-in-1
16GB memory, i7-7Y75 2 cores 1.3GHz, MS Win10 Enterprise, 64bit OS, x64 based processor
The Windows version of Win10 Enterprise is 1903 (Build 18362.449) with all updates installed.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Text and image display problem in fullscreen

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Kai_jh,

We made some changes in build 334 which should have addressed a similar issue, I am curious to know if this is a cause of that change. Could I ask you to send those screenshots, document, and if possible a short video showing the moments just before and after the issue happens?

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
kai_jh
User

Post by kai_jh »

Hi Daniel,

sure. Please find the example bug with the requested files (PDF, screenshot, video) here: https://we.tl/t-tGWSaMjJFY

The issue appears with basically any PDF when I have the 2-in-1 machine in tablet mode. Thus I printed a thread from the forum that contained enough posts to stretch over a few pages.
As you see in the video, the re-focus after I took the screenshot causes a refresh that fixes the current view. If you scroll down a bit further to the next page, the problem is back (see end of video).

Regards
Kai
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello Kai,

Thank you for the files and video, I see what you mean now, this is certainly an odd issue, I have forwarded the files and a link to this post to our Development team for further investigation. Hopefully they will be able to reproduce this and find a solution for you soon. In the meantime, I apologize for the troubles here.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello again Kai!

It seems that the issue is known to be caused by the On-screen keyboard overlapping the editor. However you mentioned that this happens when you have a physical keyboard connected as well? Could you please verify if the issue only happens when you have the on screenkeyboard present, or does this happen for you with it hidden as well?

I look forward to hearing back!

Support@pdf-xchange.com
kai_jh
User

Post by kai_jh »

Hello Daniel,
I tried to reproduce the behavior without the on-screen keyboard being active but it did not appear. I thus agree that this link might be a good point to start the problem fix. Let me note though, that I used PDFXchangeEditor and the Windows on-screen keyboard for years without this behavior. Thus I guess either a Windows update to the osk.exe or one of your updates causes this behavior.
Are the development teams positive to fix it any time soon?
I will continue to test in normal operation over the next days and will update the thread if I discover any occurrence without the on screen keyboard active.
Thanks
Kai
kai_jh
User

Post by kai_jh »

Hello Daniel,
update: The issue also appears in this setup without On-Screen-Keyboard:
- Open the same test file
- Fullscreen
- Continous scroll
- use the mouse wheel to quickly scroll up and down larger amounts of page content

Here is the screenshot with the same test file:

Regards
Kai
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello Kai,

Thank you for confirming that, Ive forwarded this information to the Dev team for further testing. The Devs have confirmed that the On-screen-keyboard portion of the issue is already fixed, that should be available in the next build (335), they are still testing to verify if that fix also resolved scrolling without the keyboard displayed.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
kai_jh
User

Post by kai_jh »

Hello Daniel,
thanks for the prompt update and good news, that the main part is fixed.
Regards
Kai
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hi again Kai,

The dev team have just come back and asked me to create a formal bug report for the second issue:
RT#4995: Display issue with rapid scrolling.

Hopefully they can resolve it quickly as well, but for the moment, asking about this ticket number to any member of our support team will allow us to give you an update on its progress.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
kai_jh
User

Post by kai_jh »

Hello Daniel,
it has been a while. Is there any update on the timing of releasing build 335? This issue is bugging me every day. If it is not planned for this week, is there any chance to get a pre-build version?
Thanks
Kai
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello Kai,

Unfortunately it does not look like the build will be available until around mid-late December at the earliest. Currently we do not have a stable RC build available, and unless there is a critical crash or similar issue we cannot reproduce locally, we do not generally send any RC builds out to clients. If it comes to needing your confirmation that the fix works the Dev team will reach out to you here in the coming weeks, but for now I cannot offer anything.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com