Microsoft Office addin options - convert specific pages only

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

kreisel.stefan@web.de
User

Microsoft Office addin options - convert specific pages only

Post by kreisel.stefan@web.de »

Converting Microsoft Office documents to PDF using the addin works well, given the need to include links. However, perhaps due to a bug in i.e. Microsoft Word when processing large documents with a lot of graphics, the resulting PDF omits the latter third of my figures. I can bypass this problem when printing (using the PDF-XChange printer driver) smaller numbers of pages and then appending them to the full document. Unfortunately that trick isn't possible using the addin because it does not allow the option of specifically setting the pages one wants converted - it always converts all pages. Any idea how to solve this problem?
Regards
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Microsoft Office addin options - convert specific pages only

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the post - Can you please advise on the specific Version and Build of the add-in you are using? You can find this through the XChange Standard printer, under Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Devices and Printers --> Right Click XChange Printer --> Printing Preferences --> About tab.

Regarding selecting the page range via the add-in, I'm afraid that this isn't currently possible but I'll place a feature request.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
kreisel.stefan@web.de
User

Version 7.0 Build 325.1 - running on Windows 10. BTW: It's been a feature request for several years now. Thanks.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Thanks for the info Stefan - Regarding the feature request, I'll see if there's anything that can be done to expedite this at all or if there's any feedback I can get and will let you know.

As for the issue with the Word document, can you please any sample Word doc. that displays the issue, as well as the resulting PDF? If you don't want to upload the files here (they will be publicly available), then please email them directly to support@pdf-xchange.com with a reference link to this topic.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
kreisel.stefan@web.de
User

No need to send you the document - the not converting all pages with images is most probably a Microsoft Word bug, why? -> images further down in the document are not displayed in the native document at times (probably a specific, i.e. not computer-wide memory problem). As I pointed out - if I print the document set-wise (i.e. pages 1-30, 31-50, 51-80, etc.) using the PDF-XChange printer driver, I get all the images formated correctly and then go on to append the indvidual docs. If I, however, use the addin, I get the missing pages... That was the reason for the feature request...
Cheers
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Stefan,

Indeed there was an old feature request, ive migrated the information from the one will created into the older ticket.
When requesting an update on the progress, please include the below in any communication, this way any member of the support staff will be able to look up the information for you.
#2931: Feature Request : Office Add-In page range option
Of course, I cannot guarantee any timeline, but I have updated the priority of this ticket and included you as a requestor.
Regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com