PDF-XChange - Tracker PDF Viewer - TIFF-XChange - Image-XChange - XMF-XChange - Raster-XChange - Support

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Paul - Tracker Supp, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Ivan - Tracker Software, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Topic Author

Coloring and printing issues

Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:17 am

Hi everyone!

We have some issues with coloring when we are printing pdf files.
When it comes to printing, some of our computers add a slight blue tinge to our plans. This only appears on a few pdf-files. Mostly everything works fine.
Also, if we are printing a 'proper' pdf-file again with pdf-xchange standard, the metioned computers will add a blue tinge to the new pdf-file, too.

You can already see wether a pdf-file is working or not in the printing-preview-window:

Re-installing the Tracker-Products and cleaning the registry didn't work. We then double-checked all settings, they are excatly the same. Also the printer/plotter is the same.
But we have different computer-systems. The issue appears on a laptop and also on desktop computer. Both are still running under windows 7.
Upgrading to Windows 10 is not an option for us right now.

I attached some files:
- comparison.jpg - comparison of two printing-preview-windows from two different computers
- site plan normal.pdf
- site plan blue tinge.pdf

Excuse me for my bad english, i hope you still understand our problem :)
site plan normal.pdf
(2.37 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
site plan blue tinge.pdf
(3.72 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
Dimitar - Tracker Supp

Re: Coloring and printing issues

Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:49 am

Hello Sven,

Welcome to our forum.

Could you please try to change the Driver Mode to XPS, and see if it has some influence on your problem.
This could be done under the PDF-XChange Standard -> Printing Preferences:

Best regards.

Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:16 pm

I believe this is when they are printing to hardcopy printers from the Editor, not printing to the PDF driver that the problem happens. We have a customer complaining about the same thing with grayscale drawings.
Site Admin

Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:57 pm

I don't believe they are from physical printing, The document was created with the Standard printer, not the Core API, which is what is reported when a document is created from a scan.

Stegeler, Could you let us know if stefan's suggestion worked?
Daniel McIntyre
Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623