Melding (merging) annotations

A picture is worth a thousand words. We have created some pdfs tutorials showing common tasks.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

karlmitk
User

Melding (merging) annotations

Post by karlmitk »

How to meld comments and save them in a PDF? I am currently using PDF Annotator to mark up files and need the comments saved such that they cannot be edited or erased by others. Their "Meld annotations" function does the trick but the software is clunky and hangs up lots so I would love to change to your PRO version, but cannot see how to accomplish the above. Am a bit under the gun on some projects so would really appreciate your help.
Platform is Windows XP and am using a Bamboo mini tablet + stylus

Cheers,

karl
Chris - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Melding (merging) annotations

Post by Chris - Tracker Supp »

Hi karlmitk,

Using the Viewer you can export comments to a datafile from the comments menu and use the import comments to retrieve them from the data file.

Regards,
Chris
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Chris Attrell
Tracker Sales & Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
karlmitk
User

Post by karlmitk »

Thanks Chris that does help, but is there no way to permanently embed the comments / mark-ups in the PDF on the fly while working within it? I have to address every piece of text or graphic in our work, either that it is correct or requires changes. Also I need to handwrite many comments, quite often on an angle. Looks as though Tracker's product is stellar otherwise; just using the free version and it seems head / shoulders above the existing one.

karl
Chris - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

No problem, you can using comments->flatten comments (though this and a range of other features marked by a KeyLogo require a license to use without watermarking the PDF) will embed the comments into the base document from there on.

Currently you can rotate a page 90 degrees add comments and then rotate you page back to original orientation.

The next (major - e.g. V3) Version of the Viewer scheduled for mid-spring/early-summer next year will include dynamically rotating annotations.

Hope that helps,

Chris
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Chris Attrell
karlmitk
User

Post by karlmitk »

Great thanks, will have to get the PRO version. I thought 'flatten' might do it.

Thx again Chris
Chris - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

My pleasure, karlmitk. :)
Chris

Chris Attrell